Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:28 PM

Re: Do You Belong To The Backpack Brigade?

Originally Posted by annies ->
they were thought to improve the posture of schoolchildren.

Backpacks, the real thing, that's for scouting and backpacking holidays, although seriously what's wrong with a real suitcase on wheels these days? Having backpacked across europe twice it's a real pain finding anything in a backpack.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have a backpack for shopping. It makes life so much easier and it isn't sore on the back at all. Carrying plastic bags in each hand is much more effort, I find.
Pixie, How do you manage to carry the tins of cat and dog food in one?
They must break your back and you end up with a permanent stoop!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:41 PM

I don't have a cat...but I do have a husband
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
No back packs for me, ever!! I have seen so many grown men with this back packs, seems like they think they are still in school! Hands free or not, if you don't hike or attend school....then, WHY??
Carrying my insulin pens and blood glucose kit, nitro spray and sometimes an inhaler, phone charger and phone battery packs, bottle of water, a couple of snacks in case blood sugar drops too low, medications if I am staying over somewhere... Then there are days I might pack a light jacket in case it turns chilly, a hat to protect against the sun and of course, gear for the gym on some days.

Think you could fit that lot in YOUR pockets?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
A camera with more than one lens would require a backpack of sorts. I tried it years ago but soon decided I'm a messenger bag kind of a guy.
Well, that is right for gentlemen.
Son uses one too for all he needs to take out with him.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
For a few years now, l have noticed a lot of people in and around our age group sport backpacks.

I just wondered what do they keep in them?
Aren’t they frightened of being robbed if they are unwittingly unzipped from behind?
They must get heavy and be a strain on their back?

Do you have a backpack?
Yes I have several that I use or rather used to use. I have a couple sold as "Day packs" (20 litres or less)- they are small and handy for carrying binoculars, water, sandwiches, notebook, hat even an umbrella etc when on day trips or long walks.

Don't use them much now because I haven't been to Sydney since the pandemic started.

I have a larger one (30litres) that I use as my carry on luggage when I travel overseas, I like them because you can push it under the seat in front rather than use the over head locker on planes. Again another thing of the past.

These small backpacks are great, wouldn't leave home without one
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

25-07-2021, 11:45 PM

Bought my back pack with my bicycle about 15 years ago. I'd feel naked going out without it now.

Typical contents: tablet (sometimes laptop), phone, leads, specs, notepad/pen, ibuprofen, biz cards, container of fruit, plus shopping, beer, on return journey.

Usually sling it over my left shoulder when walking around with it otherwise I feel like I look like Rupert the Bear!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Carrying my insulin pens and blood glucose kit, nitro spray and sometimes an inhaler, phone charger and phone battery packs, bottle of water, a couple of snacks in case blood sugar drops too low, medications if I am staying over somewhere... Then there are days I might pack a light jacket in case it turns chilly, a hat to protect against the sun and of course, gear for the gym on some days.

Think you could fit that lot in YOUR pockets?
Extenuating health conditions show a need, T. I was speaking of general daily use of a backpack with not much in it. You have a genuine need of one. Not everyone does.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Extenuating health conditions show a need, T. I was speaking of general daily use of a backpack with not much in it. You have a genuine need of one. Not everyone does.
Who are you to say "not everyone does"? They don't need your approval. They may have what looks like an empty backpack because they may be planning to put some shopping in it later on due to problems carrying a shopping bag. They may have a bottle of water in there you can't see because of the need to stay hydrated in all this heat. Why do you carry bags around? Do you have a genuine need of one? Not everyone does.
Right Now
upstate New York US

26-07-2021, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Who are you to say "not everyone does"? They don't need your approval. They may have what looks like an empty backpack because they may be planning to put some shopping in it later on due to problems carrying a shopping bag. They may have a bottle of water in there you can't see because of the need to stay hydrated in all this heat. Why do you carry bags around? Do you have a genuine need of one? Not everyone does.
I wasn't looking for a war, T. Geesh....

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top