Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 46,083
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 01:49 PM
61

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A situation arose on Coronation Street the other night (I know it's just a soap but it was relevant to this topic) A young black chap driving a top of the range motor was stopped by a policeman, the policeman asked to see his driving licence and the young chap asked the policeman why he wanted to see his licence. Obviously he was disgruntled and played the race card.....It escalated from that point on. Why on earth didn't the young lad comply without giving the policeman so much backchat?


I agree Foxy.

When people start arguing, it always exacerbates a problem.
Sometimes it is really is best to button it and just do as asked.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9,088
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 03:39 PM
62

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not in my school they weren't Dex....You stepped out of line and you knew about it, and then again when you got home when your dad found out about it....
In my case, me. mum Ogf !!
School teachers and cops have been GIVEN authority, which gives
them the POWER !! Therefore at the moment they interact with
any body within their jurisdiction then they assume superiority !
If resisted then they have the right to enforce their will, but within
clearly defined limits !!
If still resisted cops have the right to arrest !!
Sounds good enough to me ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 04:51 PM
63

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In your opinion not mine..I donít know who you are and have made no assumptions of you, only myself .

Just said you are my equal and are not superior to me, while weíre at it why would you want to feel superior to anyone?
Who ever is the superior officer is in charge, thatís all while on duty,but as a human being he ainít superior to no one,
Your education wasnít an assumption,how many times have you told us you went to university?

Education is just that...but some use it as a superiority tool, imo...which is sad, they should use it for its true purpose not as a superiority tool.....my surgeon was a very humble man...there are many like that, many are also opposites, their choice.
Just noticed the university bit.

There is a reason for mentioning it. When I graduated it represented a Damascene conversion for me. No more "certain substances", no more hell raising, no more schlepping around in old plimmies, no more oily Jeans and so on. In short - I grew up overnight in one fell sweep.

So it's not a case of "look how clever I am" but a point in time and the seismic change that took place.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9,088
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:31 PM
64

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just noticed the university bit.

There is a reason for mentioning it. When I graduated it represented a Damascene conversion for me. No more "certain substances", no more hell raising, no more schlepping around in old plimmies, no more oily Jeans and so on. In short - I grew up overnight in one fell sweep.

So it's not a case of "look how clever I am" but a point in time and the seismic change that took place.
It's a wonder that you graduated at all Todgy if you were doing
all of the above ? What age were you when you graduated ??
It's not that l don't believe you, l do! I just like hearing other people's
beginnings etc in relation to my own ??

Donkeyman ! 👍🤔👍
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:33 PM
65

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It's a wonder that you graduated at all Todgy if you were doing
all of the above ? What age were you when you graduated ??
It's not that l don't believe you, l do! I just like hearing other people's
beginnings etc in relation to my own ??

Donkeyman ! 👍🤔👍
21 years old. 3 years Hons. Good A levels Failed geography though! Been a free spirit from around age 13. It got worse as time progresses. Always avoided police trouble - or more correctly never got "run in". Had a couple of smacking from the Bill though.

Then overnight it all changed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 10,708
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 07:31 PM
66

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just noticed the university bit.

There is a reason for mentioning it. When I graduated it represented a Damascene conversion for me. No more "certain substances", no more hell raising, no more schlepping around in old plimmies, no more oily Jeans and so on. In short - I grew up overnight in one fell sweep.

So it's not a case of "look how clever I am" but a point in time and the seismic change that took place.

I donít think I mentioned how clever you were ,you did that, as Iíve said many times, you are my equal as a human being...

As is everyone else, society doesnít see it that way, but I do...I am inferior to no one.....I hope that has absorbed in......
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 32,785
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 07:49 PM
67

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
This country is broken. Colonies have been actually encouraged to become established. One group is absolutely toxic to the rest. Others simply want to predate on the host nation. Under these circumstances treating them all as being equal is insanity, discrimination MUST be restored --- but the costs will be huge on every level. Sadly the costs of NOT doing will be unimaginable.
I've said this before.
I agree with you to an extent, but there are some - perhaps many - who are honest and live a civilised life in this country with no harm or disadvantage to the rest of us. I know, because I know some of them.
I have been dealt with - helped - by some of our GPs who are of that 'persuasion'. Good people, knowledgeable people, well-spoken people.

Yes, of course, many of them are not nice at all and even dangerous. Like you, I've seen their marches demanding this and demanding that, threatening this and threatening that. Those people are the ones that we can live without and who are of no real advantage to this country. Those are the people that you, and I, have talked about and wished that they could be kicked out of this country... and those are the ones who, to make things worse, seem to be breeding at a faster rate than most others. The future is obvious.
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 07:49 PM
68

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I donít think I mentioned how clever you were ,you did that, as Iíve said many times, you are my equal as a human being...

As is everyone else, society doesnít see it that way, but I do...I am inferior to no one.....I hope that has absorbed in......
No I'm not your equal. I far exceed you on every positive level. You certainly are my inferior.
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 07:53 PM
69

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've said this before.
I agree with you to an extent, but there are some - perhaps many - who are honest and live a civilised life in this country with no harm or disadvantage to the rest of us. I know, because I know some of them.
I have been dealt with - helped - by some of our GPs who are of that 'persuasion'. Good people, knowledgeable people, well-spoken people.

Yes, of course, many of them are not nice at all and even dangerous. Like you, I've seen their marches demanding this and demanding that, threatening this and threatening that. Those people are the ones that we can live without and who are of no real advantage to this country. Those are the people that you, and I, have talked about and wished that they could be kicked out of this country... and those are the ones who, to make things worse, seem to be breeding at a faster rate than most others. The future is obvious.

No arguments from me other than were hopelessly overpopulated with millions of people costing US much more than they benefit us.
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 10,708
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 07:55 PM
70

Re: Stop and Search Extension

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No I'm not your equal. I far exceed you on every positive level. You certainly are my inferior.


In your dreams!....you exceed no one...you need to stop listening to your own imagination...itís taking you over...in fact it already has, what you say is quite disturbing it really is.

I wish I could meet you,Iíd sure show you how equal I am to you as a human being.

Itís disturbing because you sound like you worship yourself,

Your in love with yourself.
 
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.