Join for free
Page 4 of 60 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2015, 11:45 PM

Re: The Supernatural

Originally Posted by Older git ->
If this planet had been colonised it would have to have been done so some race/life form/machine that could travel at speeds theoretical physics cannot accept unless by some sub atomic particle.
Einstein explained to us that you could not accelerate to the speed of light because your mass would increase. What he didn't say was that there exist particles that are already travelling faster than the speed of light, at tachyon speeds etc.

Originally Posted by Older git ->
And just assuming it did happen why the stone age,the iron age etc?
Because there have been (and prob always will be) huge planetary catastrophes which have wiped out civilisations. It is likely for that same reason that our real ancestors left Mars to come here. As NASA explores Mars they will likely find evidence of those past civilisations there (though they won't tell us of course !).

Good questions OG.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 12:04 AM

I believe in spirits. That is the dead get their message across somehow. Maybe it's an emotional thing we conjure ourselves, but it's definitely a feeling in some situations. I don't exactly believe in aliens. Then again there is so much space beyond human understanding that there certainly might be something out there. Science was never one of my best subjects. I wish it was.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
I believe in spirits. That is the dead get their message across somehow. Maybe it's an emotional thing we conjure ourselves, but it's definitely a feeling in some situations. I don't exactly believe in aliens. Then again there is so much space beyond human understanding that there certainly might be something out there. Science was never one of my best subjects. I wish it was.

So do I, opheila. I admit I was sceptical a long time ago, but once you've seen them clearly stood in front of you, you can't very well not believe it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Einstein explained to us that you could not accelerate to the speed of light because your mass would increase. What he didn't say was that there exist particles that are already travelling faster than the speed of light, at tachyon speeds etc.

Because there have been (and prob always will be) huge planetary catastrophes which have wiped out civilisations. It is likely for that same reason that our real ancestors left Mars to come here. As NASA explores Mars they will likely find evidence of those past civilisations there (though they won't tell us of course !).

Good questions OG.
good retort realist - let's kee this goin!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So do I, opheila. I admit I was sceptical a long time ago, but once you've seen them clearly stood in front of you, you can't very well not believe it.
agreed hypothesis!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-07-2015, 12:34 AM

I thought this might fit in here aptly?

Mortal or immortal, do we have a choice?
We struggle in this mortal coil our pain is given voice
We cry out when we ‘lose’ loved ones
But are they really lost?
I wish I knew the certainties, I simply count the costs

Some say they’ve ‘gone on before’
And will be waiting there
Well that may be OK for them
But for me ain’t bloody fair

Do you ever feel you been left behind
On wrong side of some closed door?
Or do you take it stoically
And learn to count the score?

The laughs have gone, the yarns no more
I can’t even up the score
Immortal I may be my friend
But I’m feeling rather sore

No telephone will connect you
No email, get you through
I’ve tried calling out but all I get
Is an echo that sounds blue

So I’m left with some photographs
Oh yes, and all those memories too
I suppose I could talk too myself
And hope I may get through?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 01:22 AM

There are no spooks/spirits/souls/poltergeists etc.

They exist in the wishful thinking of primitives and not-so-brights who cannot accept that
when ya dead, ya dead !

Aliens - maybe.
No way of knowing at this stage of our development.
Given the infinite number of possible 'homes', it may be unlikely that we are the only life-form.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-07-2015, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
There are no spooks/spirits/souls/poltergeists etc.

They exist in the wishful thinking of primitives and not-so-brights who cannot accept that
when ya dead, ya dead !

Aliens - maybe.
No way of knowing at this stage of our development.
Given the infinite number of possible 'homes', it may be unlikely that we are the only life-form.
d'ya mean in oz cobber or the rest of the planet?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 03:41 AM

I don't understand the question, Gummy.

I mean ..
there are no spooks, spirits, souls, poltergeists etc .... anywhere !

But there might be life on other planets.

You sure you're not a Yank ? lol
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-07-2015, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I don't understand the question, Gummy.

I mean ..
there are no spooks, spirits, souls, poltergeists etc .... anywhere !

But there might be life on other planets.

You sure you're not a Yank ? lol
WELL ya didn't say that in the first place - try to keep ya cards on the table at all times!

what is a Yank? - someone who pulls you around a lot?

Page 4 of 60 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top