Join for free
Page 12 of 102 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 12:28 AM

Re: Chinwaggers

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
lol!! I know where I'm going............with a little help from my Sat Nav. Mind you, it is always "re-calculating"
I always look to the sky for my navigation Joy but i always get my directions wrong even when i'm out shopping.. When coming out of a shop many a time i start walking the wrong way and have to stop and get my bearings.

Question...if they made sat nav for walkers would it be accurate i wonder ?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 12:51 AM

lol! Might know you'd look to the stars Valley!!

Sat Nav for walkers? Wonder why no-ones thought of that one!

Will say goodnight Chinwaggers and see you all tomorrow.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
lol! Might know you'd look to the stars Valley!!

Sat Nav for walkers? Wonder why no-ones thought of that one!

Will say goodnight Chinwaggers and see you all tomorrow.
Joy darlin' have seen one - you can buy an App for your 'mobile 'phone' which does precisely that.
bettyespana
Costa Blanca,Spain
bettyespana is female  bettyespana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 10:13 AM

Good Morning all from a not so sunny Spain.
As a none driver I too walk everywhere,however I don't need a satnav as I really have a very good sense of direction.
My car owning friends like to have me with them to " navigate" in case they get "lost". They never do when I am with them.
Where did I get this sense of direction from?My only thought is that I like reading maps & have a love of geography.I do agree though looking at the sky is also a big help.That is all our ancestors did cos they had no option.
Natures way.

Going out now for the weekly shop & sure to get back safely.ha!ha!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 10:22 AM

I've done my good morning on the other thread

My hubby seems to have a compass in the end of his nose, whereas if there is choice of which way to go, i'll always choose the wrong one, and if I change my mind on the strength of that, it'll still be the wrong choice lol

Where we used to live we had nearly 3 acres of woodland behind the house, it was a standing joke that I managed to get lost in there.

Another time I happened to be following my husband home in the car, then found I had managed to follow a similar car to a completely different area. Somehow or other I managed to find my way home on my own.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 10:52 AM

pmsl Val
I have no sense of direction either. Failed Geography O level.

It can actually be very frightening. When OH was dying in hospital, I HAD to travel by bus for the first time in decades .... and alone.
Very very scary to begin with but a year and a bit on and I'm not bad at it. I still forget which bus goes where but have not caught the wrong one for ages and I no longer get embarrassed if I have to ask.

Haven't driven for decades because we once had a VW camper and it was too big for me. Gave up and have no wish to start again, not that I could afford it anyway.
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 11:04 AM

Hya Chinwaggers

My brother's taking me to town for a new radio/cd player.
I've had 2 dab radios which have been pretty rubbish and cut out when they like....must be my area. It's only for the kitchen so just need something cheap. Back later,have a lovely day whatever you're doing x
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 11:10 AM

I bought a really cheap clock radio, for the front room from Tesco's and it's surprisingly good and small.

I only listen to speech radio so no idea what it's like for musac
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Helloooooo Chinwaggers

Hope you're feeling better today Rachel.

No chance of me getting lost today, no plans to go anywhere apart from to the local shops. I WILL start to worry if I can't find my way there.

Thanks UJ for the app info. I'll remember that, IF I remember my phone in the first place!!!

Catch you later folks.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 11:24 AM

After not going home for a year my hubby brought me a sat nav and said maybe now you can find your way home.......
Before I had one the first time I drove from cornwall to south of france I was terrified I had my dog and cat in the back and my neighbour came in just before I left with 10 sandwhiches for the journey ..... I said 10 !! yes she said because I know you will get lost so they will keep you going for a couple of days ... cheeky mare ....

Page 12 of 102 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top