Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:06 PM

Re: Teachers leaving the profession

smaller classes?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Less interference and meddling by successive governments!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:29 PM

How about raising status and standards of teaching as a profession ?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:30 PM

Bring back the cane.
Bruv
Kent UK

09-07-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Bring back the cane.
For errant posters ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Bring back the cane.
I hope you are not trying to Bamboozle.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:08 PM

After what happened to Kato Harris i am surprised any man wants to go into teaching.

Kato Harris was the inspirational teacher who was falsely accused of rape by a fantasist student he didn't even teach and who is now jobless and bankrupt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:52 PM

I think we all know the several and varied reasons why teachers are leaving and recruitment is suffering.

I retired from teaching at 60, and there is absolutely no way I would have stayed for any longer.

The problem is that no-one is prepared to do anything about the causes for teacher dissatisfaction. Many of these could be sorted quite easily with the political will, but it seems not to be there.

Unfortunately, one of the most serious problems is society itself. How do you change people who have lost all respect not only for teachers but also for themselves?

I'm afraid we live in a yob society these days and I cannot think of how we could possibly restore people to how they used to be fifty years ago.
Bruv
Kent UK

09-07-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think we all know the several and varied reasons why teachers are leaving and recruitment is suffering.

I retired from teaching at 60, and there is absolutely no way I would have stayed for any longer.

The problem is that no-one is prepared to do anything about the causes for teacher dissatisfaction. Many of these could be sorted quite easily with the political will, but it seems not to be there.

Unfortunately, one of the most serious problems is society itself. How do you change people who have lost all respect not only for teachers but also for themselves?

I'm afraid we live in a yob society these days and I cannot think of how we could possibly restore people to how they used to be fifty years ago.
That is a fatalist attitude.
While I would agree society isn't what it was, surely with a will and a change of tactic, rolling out a zero tolerance regime inside schools should help.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top