Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Have You Ever Been Stood Up? Or, Have You Stood Someone Up?

I think it is a horrible thing to do.
If l say, l will do something, l will do it. I could never let someone down.
I have been stood up, once! Years ago, when l was 19!
Then l discovered that the day before our date, he had been beaten up, left in the road and was run over by a car!!

So l ask...Have you ever been stood up? Were you disappointed? Did you get an explanation?

Or...Have you stood someone up? Explanation Please!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Re: Have You Ever Been Stood Up? Or, Have You Stood Someone Up?

I havent but I remember mum telling me about a guy who tried to pick her up when she was on a night out with friends..

Everyone thought it was really funny and the bloke wouldnt take no for an answer so she asked him to hold her full drink while she went to the loo and then climbed out the window.. She didnt really stand him up but he was left standing there like a pillock with her drink..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Nope. Never been stood up, nor have I done it to anyone else.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I havent but I remember mum telling me about a guy who tried to pick her up when she was on a night out with friends..

Everyone thought it was really funny and the bloke wouldnt take no for an answer so she asked him to hold her full drink while she went to the loo and then climbed out the window.. She didnt really stand him up but he was left standing there like a pillock with her drink..
Cass, Your mum must've been very fit! I mean, 'fit' as in being agile, to climb out of the toilet window!
It's a shame she had to leave a full glass!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:13 PM

I have stood someone up when I was about 18. I had been out the night before and someone asked me out the next night to go to the pictures. I agreed.

Got the bus into town, got to the cinema and there where so many people outside waiting for someone, looking around I could not see the man I was supposed to meet, but then I could not remember really what he looked like. So left, got on the bus to go home met a friend and we went to the pub.

So had a good night anyway. Always wonder did he stand me up or was I not paying attention enough to remember what he looked like.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Cass, Your mum must've been very fit! I mean, 'fit' as in being agile, to climb out of the toilet window!
It's a shame she had to leave a full glass!
Well he had bought the drink and she was only about 40 at the time...

Its nowhere near as bad as what she did when she found one guy had been cheating on her... Mum is a bit of a devil..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Well he had bought the drink and she was only about 40 at the time...

Its nowhere near as bad as what she did when she found one guy had been cheating on her... Mum is a bit of a devil..
Your mum sounds very interesting!
I can't wait to hear what she did to the man who was cheating on her!
I hope she didn't do, a 'Bobbitt'!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I have stood someone up when I was about 18. I had been out the night before and someone asked me out the next night to go to the pictures. I agreed.

Got the bus into town, got to the cinema and there where so many people outside waiting for someone, looking around I could not see the man I was supposed to meet, but then I could not remember really what he looked like. So left, got on the bus to go home met a friend and we went to the pub.

So had a good night anyway. Always wonder did he stand me up or was I not paying attention enough to remember what he looked like.
shirley, He's probably still waiting outside for you!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:54 PM

When I returned to England, newly divorced, an old flame asked me out, I knew he was married with kids so I said I'd meet him, then watched him turn up and wait, from a phone box across the road.
Plank!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 01:20 PM

I'm stood up every time I get a train to London.

Although, lately, some people are offering to stand up for me!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top