Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:13 PM

Yet again, the authorities........

...Seem to be on the side of the scumbag criminal!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-killed.html

So, he had an unlicensed shotgun for his own protection (which he served time for) However, it's hardly surprising is it when the Police these days are not really worth a carrot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:26 PM

Re: Yet again, the authorities........

Hi

Great to see you back posting.

The Coroner sounds a complete prat, the poor man was in fear of his life.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Great to see you back posting.

The Coroner sounds a complete prat, the poor man was in fear of his life.
I know mate, and judging by the look of his luxury accommodation, I doubt there was anything of value inside, but the scumbags still tried their luck.
Some of these idiots in authority beggar belief tbh.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Crazy verdict but nothing surprises me... welcome back fender
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Crazy world we now live in

The long standing Declaration Of Rights gave people "the right to bear arms"
as well as:

• The right to petition the Sovereign
• Free men cannot be imprisoned without cause
• The Government cannot arrest any man because he disagrees with the Government’s policies
• Habeas corpus is not to be denied
• No person will be compelled to make loans to the King, and there will be no tax without the approval of Parliament
• Soldiers and sailors will not be billeted on civilians
• Government will not impose martial law during peacetime

Those rights are threatened as we inexorably rush towards Orwell's predicted totalitarian state.

The truth of the matter here is that the UK authorities do not want to have the problems that the USA now has with millions of citizens well armed, well equipped and with many tons of ammunition. You can not easily create a totalitarian police state when the population is well armed.

The UK surely wants to avoid those problems and will likely seek to create the police state without any great opposition from a largely dumbed down and unarmed populous.

Thus in most cases like this one can expect the courts to be unsupportive of anyone protecting themselves by force of arms as if they did, millions more would arm themselves and rightly so.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Crazy world we now live in

Thus in most cases like this one can expect the courts to be unsupportive of anyone protecting themselves by force of arms as if they did, millions more would arm themselves and rightly so.
I feel that if this stupidity and lack of Police continues, people will do it anyway. There is only so much the public will take before they turn vigilante, and understandably so.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:14 PM

I'm a peace loving person but even I would be tempted to fight back in that situation. I'd challenge the people making that judgement to stay overnight in a caravan with people trying to get in and see how they feel about it. They could have been burned to death ! How about charging the people with molotov cocktails with attempted murder that's closer to the truth.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm a peace loving person but even I would be tempted to fight back in that situation. I'd challenge the people making that judgement to stay overnight in a caravan with people trying to get in and see how they feel about it. They could have been burned to death ! How about charging the people with molotov cocktails with attempted murder that's closer to the truth.
Thing is Julie,
As per usual, those that make such decisions are safe in their ivory towers, detached from reality.
The establishment demonstrably do not care one bit about the public.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The truth of the matter here is that the UK authorities do not want to have the problems that the USA now has with millions of citizens well armed, well equipped and with many tons of ammunition. You can not easily create a totalitarian police state when the population is well armed.
And a firearms fatality rate forty times that of the UK.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
...Seem to be on the side of the scumbag criminal!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-killed.html

So, he had an unlicensed shotgun for his own protection (which he served time for) However, it's hardly surprising is it when the Police these days are not really worth a carrot.
So I read the DM version, then read three other versions of the story. And found what I was looking for ..

telegraph.co.uk says:
Nearby residents described the Mr Digby, who had died instantly after being shot, was a known heroin addict and also had been involved in previous incident involving the Gregorys.
Definitely old scores being settled, lowlifes the lot of them. Definitely not one for the "should a man be allowed to protect himself in his own home" debate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top