Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:10 AM

Cats and Idiots.

Hi

I have a serious problem with cats getting into my garden and using it as a toilet.

I also have had problems with idiot humans getting into my back garden and into my sheds.

I have tried the plastic deterrent spikes, to no use at all.

I have now got NATO Spec Galvanised Razor wire, to be placed on my side of the fences.

Nasty, but necessary.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:19 AM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a serious problem with cats getting into my garden and using it as a toilet.

I also have had problems with idiot humans getting into my back garden and into my sheds.

I have tried the plastic deterrent spikes, to no use at all.

I have now got NATO Spec Galvanised Razor wire, to be placed on my side of the fences.

Nasty, but necessary.
Cats are easily dealt with, use a possum trap and take them to the Pound, their owners soon get fed up with paying Pound fees or replacing them.

Human beings I never have trouble with but the razor wire sounds effective.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:22 AM

Nasty, but necessary.
I thought that was illegal, Swimmy? If it stops your human visitors - good!

As for the cats - have you seen this:-

https://cat-repellent.co.uk/?gclid=C...YaAuV8EALw_wcB

I am told it really works.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I thought that was illegal, Swimmy? If it stops your human visitors - good!

As for the cats - have you seen this:-

https://cat-repellent.co.uk/?gclid=C...YaAuV8EALw_wcB

I am told it really works.
Hi

Perfectly legal if it is on your side of the fence and you have the signage.

I seriously object to cats using my garden as a toilet and killing the birds.

It will be an annoyance to the cats,, it will be much worse for humans.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:18 AM

Hi

Perfectly legal if it is on your side of the fence and you have the signage.

I seriously object to cats using my garden as a toilet and killing the birds.

It will be an annoyance to the cats,, it will be much worse for humans.

I have just read an article of a neighbour doing exactly as you are about to do.

Saw a picture of it on the wall.

Apparently the RSPCA can do nothing until the cat is injured....take note, “ injured”.

I know they can be extremely annoying, but I personally don’t believe it’s the right route to take.

They could seriously hurt themselves trying to get out of that razor wire.

Have you looked into any other options?.

A human being yes, because “ they know” they shouldn’t be there in the first place.
Even then I believe you can still be liable from what I’ve read online. if they hurt themselves.
A cat knows no difference, they don’t understand, therefore could get extremely tangled in that razor wire, it makes me cringe just thinking about the serious damage it could do.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:53 AM

Did you look at the link I gave you, Swimmy? It keeps the cats away without hurting them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Did you look at the link I gave you, Swimmy? It keeps the cats away without hurting them.
Hi

Yes, I have tried all sorts.

Nice neighbours cat only comes in the front garden and is no problem at all.

It does not poo everywhere and is very friendly.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 07:23 AM

Well said Tabby! I am a cat lover and my cats never go on to other peoples gardens, but not all cat owners have the expanse of land that I do.
I despise anybody who thinks it is ok to harm cats that may go through their garden, because cats can't read notices
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2021, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Tabby! I am a cat lover and my cats never go on to other peoples gardens, but not all cat owners have the expanse of land that I do.
I despise anybody who thinks it is ok to harm cats that may go through their garden, because cats can't read notices
Hi

Not as simple as that Twink.

If you have a dog you take it for a walk and pick up the poo, bag it and no problem to others.

If you have a cat you accept that it will poo in other peoples gardens and you will not clean up after it.

That means that you accept that you are putting others at risk.

Simply not on.

Owners clean up after dogs, they should the same for cats.

You can control cats, I lived with one of my tall slim blondes for 3 years, they used inside and outside litters and where not a problem.

Owning a cat is the same as owning a dog , you are responsible for it's actions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:35 AM

Cats can roam and do as they please,which includes pooping in another’s garden...that is the law.

There is no law that tells me I have to go and pick up my cats poop from a neighbours garden, which is about a mile up the road.
They aren’t leashed like a dog, they are free to roam....dogs aren’t.
Not that I have a cat.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top