Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Danny's Avatar
Danny
Senior Member
Danny is offline
Denver, CO
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 407
Danny is male 
 
24-07-2021, 04:46 PM
1

Street Photography

I don't know how everyone feels on this subject. Some feel it is an invasion of privacy, however considering the fact that you appear on film multiple times each day unknowingly. Well in the US and the UK anyway. CCTV, Traffic Cams, Store Surveillance, etc. I would suggest strongly that you look into local privacy laws regarding photography in your area, before undertaking this genre of photography.
Me, I love it because you catch raw emotion. People aren't saying "CHEESE" and it's not some model pretending. Here are a few I've taken. Now these are altered. I'll explain I turned them B/W, because I think it make photos more dramatic. I also added a sleight HDR effect to some. I thought it made them look more interesting.
https://imgur.com/9MZq7en
https://i.imgur.com/FrKwVNZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6t3IsKr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KHqkp8s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m3aaAAZ.jpg

They were to big for me to post the regular way.
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Chatterbox
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,525
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 07:03 PM
2

Re: Street Photography

I love street photography & candid portraits. There are no restrictions here in the UK.

But it's just not a cool thing to do in certain places, attitudes vary tremendously from location to location.

I do it where other toggers are doing it, fashionable, touristy parts of town.
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,908
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 07:05 PM
3

Re: Street Photography

Hi Danny, these look great! Thanks for sharing.
I take it you came away without a blue eye
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,908
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 07:05 PM
4

Re: Street Photography

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I love street photography & candid portraits. There are no restrictions here in the UK.

But it's just not a cool thing to do in certain places, attitudes vary tremendously from location to location.

I do it where other toggers are doing it, fashionable, touristy parts of town.
Yeah and you’ve got the blue eye to prove it
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Chatterbox
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,525
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 07:09 PM
5

Re: Street Photography

Minx, you've used the blue eye term before.

Angelic?

Or do you mean a black eye? Is that what artists get in SA?
Danny's Avatar
Danny
Senior Member
Danny is offline
Denver, CO
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 407
Danny is male 
 
24-07-2021, 08:19 PM
6

Re: Street Photography

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Hi Danny, these look great! Thanks for sharing.
I take it you came away without a blue eye
The wonders of telephoto.
Danny's Avatar
Danny
Senior Member
Danny is offline
Denver, CO
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 407
Danny is male 
 
24-07-2021, 08:23 PM
7

Re: Street Photography

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I love street photography & candid portraits. There are no restrictions here in the UK.

But it's just not a cool thing to do in certain places, attitudes vary tremendously from location to location.

I do it where other toggers are doing it, fashionable, touristy parts of town.
Here I am more concerned with someone noticing my gear and thinking "Hey, there's a payday." People usually don't even notice me. Again the wonders of telephoto. Most of these were taken with the 70mm-200mm.
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
SW England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 43,957
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 08:32 PM
8

Re: Street Photography

Originally Posted by Danny ->
I don't know how everyone feels on this subject. Some feel it is an invasion of privacy, however considering the fact that you appear on film multiple times each day unknowingly. Well in the US and the UK anyway. CCTV, Traffic Cams, Store Surveillance, etc. I would suggest strongly that you look into local privacy laws regarding photography in your area, before undertaking this genre of photography.
Me, I love it because you catch raw emotion. People aren't saying "CHEESE" and it's not some model pretending. Here are a few I've taken. Now these are altered. I'll explain I turned them B/W, because I think it make photos more dramatic. I also added a sleight HDR effect to some. I thought it made them look more interesting.
https://imgur.com/9MZq7en
https://i.imgur.com/FrKwVNZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6t3IsKr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KHqkp8s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m3aaAAZ.jpg

They were to big for me to post the regular way.
I'm still not sure about this tbh. I think the shots are great but I do think it is an invasion of privacy. You say that you don't like putting pics of yourself on the internet, yet here are pics of people who had no choice in the matter. I suppose it is a matter of opinion in the end.
Pixie Knuckles's Avatar
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Pixie Knuckles is offline
Scotland, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 5,698
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 10:12 PM
9

Re: Street Photography

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm still not sure about this tbh. I think the shots are great but I do think it is an invasion of privacy. You say that you don't like putting pics of yourself on the internet, yet here are pics of people who had no choice in the matter. I suppose it is a matter of opinion in the end.
Thats a good point, LD...I would hate to see myself randomly turning up on here, having being caught on camera without me knowing! I'd be furious, actually!
Ciderman's Avatar
Ciderman
Senior Member
Ciderman is offline
Masterton, New Zealand
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,014
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-07-2021, 10:18 PM
10

Re: Street Photography

I don't regard it as an invasion of privacy! Otherwise surely just looking at them is an invasion.
I have found the swivel screen handy as people expect you to be pointing at them to take a photo and you can have your back to them. It's also handy in that you can lift the camera above heads in a crowd.
 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.