Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 05:43 PM

Re: Victoria Wood RIP

Blimey, that news came out of the blue .....

Victoria was a lady of many talents .....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 05:43 PM

Very sad to hear.

R.I.P Victoria.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 05:52 PM

That's a shock. Very sad I loved her humour.

RIP Victoria.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 06:23 PM

I too will miss her.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 06:55 PM

What a shock ..the world is a sadder place without her.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 07:24 PM

What a great loss. Genuinely funny, talented and an excellent writer. The cafe sketch posted by Gilly is brilliant, especially the part about prawns gathering round at sewer outlet pipes treading water with their mouths open . I use that myself from time to time. That alone belongs with other comedy greats like Four Candles and Monty Python's Yorkshiremen sketch.

Her comedy writing in shows such as Dinner Ladies was always gentle and sometimes touched with sadness which is the sign of true comedy.

Here's one of her other marvellous creations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coThioMQj3g

We've lost one of the greats today. RIP Victoria and thanks for all the laughs.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What a great loss. Genuinely funny, talented and an excellent writer. The cafe sketch posted by Gilly is brilliant, especially the part about prawns gathering round at sewer outlet pipes treading water with their mouths open . I use that myself from time to time. That alone belongs with other comedy greats like Four Candles and Monty Python's Yorkshiremen sketch.

Her comedy writing in shows such as Dinner Ladies was always gentle and sometimes touched with sadness which is the sign of true comedy.

Here's one of her other marvellous creations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coThioMQj3g

We've lost one of the greats today. RIP Victoria and thanks for all the laughs.
Agree Judd and a good video
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 08:00 PM

A brilliant actor as well as comedy writer. I only watched that 'Housewife 49 ' again the other day. Her look had the ability to say so much more than her words implied, brilliant. RIP Victoria.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
A brilliant actor as well as comedy writer. I only watched that 'Housewife 49 ' again the other day. Her look had the ability to say so much more than her words implied, brilliant. RIP Victoria.
i agree thought she was brilliant in Housewife 49

may she RIP
Seadog
Bristol Uk
Seadog is male  Seadog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 09:10 PM

How can we ever forget her performance of 'let's do it', with the immortal line ' beat me on the bottom with a woman's weekly'. An eternal classic, up there with 'four candles'.
So much natural talent without any of the modern day Diva illusions.😒😒😒

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top