Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Re: Gina Miller Claims She Will TAKE BACK CONTROL Of Brexit!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We leavers are often accused of being ignorant on the reasons we voted to get out. I refute that accusation as I can instantly think of the following reasons why I want out asap from that dictatorial cabul.

Taxpayers money can stay in this country to be used for our own needs instead of new roads and pavements for other EU countries. (just look at the state of our own!)

We can decide who comes into our country instead of being ordered.

We can make our own laws again instead of 65% being made in Brussels.

Our laws will have the final say instead of being made to obey the primacy of theirs.

We will no longer have to accept decisions forced on us by “qualified majority voting”from the EU with their crafty advantage of size of country meaning winning the votes every time and us being outvoted every time.

We will never be in the ridiculous position of having to listen to no less than 5 EU presidents!

We will never again be under the boot of the EU Commision who have the right to propose new laws and regulations that are completely alien and ridiculous to Brits. Bananas, Lightbulbs and Hoovers being just 3 of many.

We will no longer have to worry about Turkey joining the EU and having the right for hundreds of thousands being able to then simply walk through the green lane into Britain.

We will be able to set our own tax rules instead of being subservient to the EU who want to “harmonise” the rate of VAT.

We will once again be able to help out British companies if they are in trouble. The EU single market rules discourage governments from giving financial support to private companies, so those stupid rules meant we were unable to help our own workers when Tata Steel’s UK plants needed it.

The end of the EU’s hated Common Fisheries Policy! This unfair quota system has only forced up prices for consumers, forced fishermen to dump millions of dead fish back in the sea and decimated national fishing fleets, especially ours!

No more being forced to increase the number of those accursed, ugly and useless Wind Turbines!. Britain alone is meant to get 15% of its power from them by 2020 and would be at risk of legal action if it failed.

YEAH!! We can have our blue passports again. Okay, maybe not the old type lovely hard cased blue ones, but as long as it is no longer EU burgundy, it can be turquoise blue for all I care! Bring it on! Anyone with a blue passport should have their own walk through lane at all of our airports/ports!!
(Yes, before you say it, "Little Englander" mindset).

No more British taxpayers subsidising the EU Foreign Aid programme. It spends exactly as much as the UK government.

We can stop gnashing our teeth at the EU directive to get rid of our fridges by us now being forced to pay for the service for disposal when before that, we could take it to our local landfill and see a giant crusher make short work of it.

Hopefully no more local council drives to get us to recycle more of our rubbish courtesy of the EU threats to fine them, and they in turn using the exact same threats to householders. Begone ugly, Red, Blue, Green, Brown Wheelie bins. They are a blight and an eyesore in the front gardens and pavements of household properties in Britain.

No more funding of the cost of £130 million a year to move those idiots from Brussels to Strasbourg every month for just four days! All to placate the ruddy French.

And finally, a thousand curses on the EU for making us get rid of our lovely lightbulbs and replace them with low energy bulbs, which DO NOT come anywhere near offering the same level of illumination.

Anyone else think of good reasons to leave?.

I would be equally interested if Remainers would give the same amount of reasons to stay, so that we may digest the information and agree or disagree, just as you will no doubt do with the above.
An extensive list, SG.

I hope the OFF remoaner section has taken note.

I, too, cannot wait to see their 'reasons to stay'!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:10 PM

We leavers are often accused of being ignorant on the reasons we voted to get out. I refute that accusation as I can instantly think of the following reasons why I want out asap from that dictatorial cabul.

Taxpayers money can stay in this country to be used for our own needs instead of new roads and pavements for other EU countries. (just look at the state of our own!)

Our laws will have the final say instead of being made to obey the primacy of theirs.

We will no longer have to accept decisions forced on us by “qualified majority voting”from the EU with their crafty advantage of size of country meaning winning the votes every time and us being outvoted every time.

We will never be in the ridiculous position of having to listen to no less than 5 EU presidents!

We will never again be under the boot of the EU Commision who have the right to propose new laws and regulations that are completely alien and ridiculous to Brits. Bananas, Lightbulbs and Hoovers being just 3 of many.

We will no longer have to worry about Turkey joining the EU and having the right for hundreds of thousands being able to then simply walk through the green lane into Britain.

We will be able to set our own tax rules instead of being subservient to the EU who want to “harmonise” the rate of VAT.

We will once again be able to help out British companies if they are in trouble. The EU single market rules discourage governments from giving financial support to private companies, so those stupid rules meant we were unable to help our own workers when Tata Steel’s UK plants needed it.

The end of the EU’s hated Common Fisheries Policy! This unfair quota system has only forced up prices for consumers, forced fishermen to dump millions of dead fish back in the sea and decimated national fishing fleets, especially ours!

No more being forced to increase the number of those accursed, ugly and useless Wind Turbines!. Britain alone is meant to get 15% of its power from them by 2020 and would be at risk of legal action if it failed.

YEAH!! We can have our blue passports again. Okay, maybe not the old type lovely hard cased blue ones, but as long as it is no longer EU burgundy, it can be turquoise blue for all I care! Bring it on! Anyone with a blue passport should have their own walk through lane at all of our airports/ports!!

No more British taxpayers subsidising the EU Foreign Aid programme. It spends exactly as much as the UK government.

We can stop gnashing our teeth at the EU directive to get rid of our fridges by us now being forced to pay for the service for disposal when before that, we could take it to our local landfill and see a giant crusher make short work of it.

Hopefully no more local council drives to get us to recycle more of our rubbish courtesy of the EU threats to fine them, and they in turn using the exact same threats to householders. Begone ugly, Red, Blue, Green, Brown Wheelie bins. They are a blight and an eyesore in the front gardens and pavements of household properties in Britain.

No more funding of the cost of £130 million a year to move those idiots from Brussels to Strasbourg every month for just four days! All to placate the ruddy French.

And finally, a thousand curses on the EU for making us get rid of our lovely lightbulbs and replace them with low energy bulbs, which DO NOT come anywhere near offering the same level of illumination.

I would be equally interested if Remainers would give the same amount of reasons to stay, so that we may digest the information and agree or disagree, just as you will no doubt do with the above.
SG we aren't moving to another planet!

I am trying to figure out where in your line of reasoning there is a plan to oust the government as per Guy Fawkes. They make up most of the policy you don't like and it's not driven by EU top down decisions.

You can have blue passports under EU rules. Croatia does!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Exactly this. Even the IMF are sticking their oar in now trying to put the frighteners on.
There's nothing alarmist or fabricated in what the IMF said. It's the "bumpy ride" that brexit voters often refer to. Even Nige has admitted we will be poorer.

I'm not sure why anyone here thinks there is not going to be a heavy cost for the economy and citizens to bear in this massive change. It's not rocket science.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There's nothing alarmist or fabricated in what the IMF said. It's the "bumpy ride" that brexit voters often refer to. Even Nige has admitted we will be poorer.

I'm not sure why anyone here thinks there is not going to be a heavy cost for the economy and citizens to bear in this massive change. It's not rocket science.
Groan! please Annie, those last four words really are one of my biggest bugbears!¬ (ok, I know you can now use them in future against me) I absolutely loathe that saying. I think it is demeaning, insulting and patronising. (not that I think that of you personally Annie).
My gorillas are fond of using that exact saying but now know better than to say it in front of me for fear of getting a clip around the ear! (if I can reach that high!)
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

We have all had a bumpy ride due to the global recession so a few more years of ups and downs whilst things level off is to be expected.

Rather this than go on as we are being dictated by EU's future plans which again we would have little or no sway if we did not like them.

I am also waiting for a list of good things for staying in the EU
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I am also waiting for a list of good things for staying in the EU
You and me both.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:36 PM

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! nonsense
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Unbelievable!!!!!!!! nonsense
Any particular reason why?
Sumkan
New Member!
United Kingdom
Sumkan is male 

17-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Has it escaped your notice that not all of the public expressed that view? I still maintain that a high proportion of them had no idea of what they were voting for.
It wasn't a hard question to answer, one way or the other.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Groan! please Annie, those last four words really are one of my biggest bugbears!¬ (ok, I know you can now use them in future against me) I absolutely loathe that saying. I think it is demeaning, insulting and patronising. (not that I think that of you personally Annie).
My gorillas are fond of using that exact saying but now know better than to say it in front of me for fear of getting a clip around the ear! (if I can reach that high!)
Sorry SG I didn't mean to come across that way but I do think that due to the confusion it's just a case of higher input costs and higher output costs = bad for ordinary people and bad for the economy. These are unavoidable. If the pound plummets because the IMF doesn't have confidence then that's not good for man nor beast. There will be a plethora of red tape for small businesses during the interim - unless the govt gets its finger out and does it properly and without losing their nerve due to stormy politics.

You know what I think about Brexit. I will at this stage be satisfied with a Canada style deal and a long transition to make sure we as ordinary citizens are not disadvantaged or put at risk. I think it's better to do things properly rather than rush something in sloppily and for the wrong reasons.

I am definitely not clinging to any hope that we remain, IMO that's just silly as we are so far down the line. But I do expect a sensible solution that isn't going to cause economic hardship or a disruption to our supply chains.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top