Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:51 PM

Re: It’s written in the stars

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
What I’m saying is, what ever I did throughout my life, which was a lot of bad choices, I knew they were wrong ( some of them) yet I went ahead and made them....it has all been worked out for the greater good....it was all meant to be, there was purpose in my choices...even the bad and something wonderful came from them...I’m not prepared to discuss this any further, that is my own opinion and belief,so it’s not up for debate...There was a purpose and a plan for my life....even through all of my wrong choices....100%
I didn't intend to cause any upset, Pauline, so long as you are happy in the place you are at right now, its all good.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I didn't intend to cause any upset, Pauline, so long as you are happy in the place you are at right now, its all good.
You didn’t cause me any upset.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Looking back over my life I can now see that destiny was showing me the future and I didnt know it at the time , so yes I do believe destiny played a part in getting me to where I am now , of course I made my own decisions and life course but there were definately pointers in that life course .

One for instance

I was happily married , life was great . In the car with my husband driving very slowly in bad traffic I was daydreaming looking out the window, passing a row of houses I noticed a funny tucked away little house and actually said it to myself , strange little place .

15 years on my life changed drastically leaving my beautiful home and without anywhere to live for a while I eventually found my sanctuary and safe place living alone. A long time passed and I was out in the front garden when I had a massive light bulb moment of recognition and memory flash back of the funny tucked away little house when I was living in a totally different life which was meant to be forever . This was the house , my place of safety and my sanctuary . I was stunned as the memory came back

I've been in this funny tucked away little house for 16 years now .

That's just one small part of my destiny pointing me onwards
Yes, what is meant to be will be. So happy you found your secure place.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:29 PM

Do I believe in destiny ? At birth ? NO !
Do I believe that destiny can be formed by improper OR abusive childhood upbringing ? Absolutely, YES.

It is no accident that a huge percentage of prison inmates were abused as children. IMO: DESTINY IN ACTION !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 09:17 AM

I agree with Right Now...What will be, will be. Some things are out of our hands.

I try not to be upset about some things that go wrong because if they were meant, they would’ve happened.

I never look back and dwell on things either, it’s a waste of time because it’s gone.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I agree with Right Now...What will be, will be. Some things are out of our hands.

I try not to be upset about some things that go wrong because if they were meant, they would’ve happened.

I never look back and dwell on things either, it’s a waste of time because it’s gone.
Exactly, Artie!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 03:37 PM

What did Doris Day sing?
QUE SERA SERA!!!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 03:48 PM

Life is random, by and large, although coincidences do occur. Destiny only happens in soppy rom coms.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 04:49 PM

Consider that the randomness of our DNA sorting that makes us who we are and the our place of birth can have a tremendous impact on our destiny. Some people's lives are more destined than others. I tend to think that "choosing" one's destiny might be a matter of health, intellect, or living in a place that affords or restricts one's freedom and opportunity for self-determination. I will say that I suspect that are much, much more predictable in "creating" our destinies than we might like to admit. Now free will is slipping it's way into my thinking as I start to think about the heartbreaking events in life that we cannot control....

It is very difficult to separate destiny and probability.

Are our lives pre-destined before birth? Is it written in the stars? Is it a mixed bag? I tend to lean in the direction of only afterwards and only to some degree. However, to believe in absolute pre-destination sends us into interesting ideas about theology, biology, statistics, and cosmology.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:46 PM

It’s written in the stars hmmmm
I do believe some things aren’t meant to be.
It’s a good job I can’t read the future ...I honest think I’d wouldn’t got out bed last year!
As it is with effort life is slowly turning round for me .
I do believe you can make your own luck .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top