Join for free
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Re: The Me Too Movement and Me...and Possibly You

Again you are getting carried away again IMO, Swim.

Where have i asked you to change?
How many people you enjoy beating up is immaterial to me.
I will say though that it could easily sound like an insanely jealous husband taking violent revenge rather than just having a word in his shell-like first!

I would also like to know why you consider that your comments acceptable, yet mine are considered as "whinging"?

I see no point in prolonging this silly discussion anyway.
You are what you are, and I am happy as I am.

P.S. Ruthio
has made an interesting point in her post.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Again you are getting carried away IMO, Swim.

Using women and children as an excuse to conspire to inflict Grievous Bodily Harm on men who "cross the line" is rather excessive, though .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What an intriguing conversation!

The idea of swims getting a serious bollocking makes me smile, looks like he's suffering another one on here

So this wasn't the first time this kind of assault had occured?

The real problem is that when it happens it's always "just a bit of fun" , but when a woman doesn't kick him in the balls or whatever she needs to do to stop it happening, then this is interpreted by said prick as consent to do it again.

She has, by default, become an enabler.
Good point.
I didn't want to become an enabler ...
When my brother was pestering me to go to bed with him I threatened to stick a knife in him. I told him straight .. he'd better keep watch over his shoulder as I'd just wait for him to go to sleep one night and stick him in the gut. I hoped I was suitably menacing. He never bothered me after that.

I don't know whether that makes me a thug or over-reacting but I didn't want to become a victim.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know whether that makes me a thug or over-reacting but I didn't want to become a victim.
Everyone has a natural disposition towards violent acts. Luckily, most of us never end up in the situation which would catalyse the actual event.

This, in part, is thanks to those who are willing to act on our behalf (police, army etc). We should remain grateful to them

As for swimfeeders, all I can say is thank god he's batting for the side of the innocent and oppressed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:11 PM

I must be very fortunate, as no man has ever touched me inappropriately.
I suppose most men l know or have met, show some respect for women....even when they are drunk!
I would say, most men are decent people and those that have behaved inappropriately, are in the minority.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Good point.
I didn't want to become an enabler ...
When my brother was pestering me to go to bed with him I threatened to stick a knife in him. I told him straight .. he'd better keep watch over his shoulder as I'd just wait for him to go to sleep one night and stick him in the gut. I hoped I was suitably menacing. He never bothered me after that.

I don't know whether that makes me a thug or over-reacting but I didn't want to become a victim
What it makes you is a very brave young woman indeed
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Again you are getting carried away again IMO, Swim.

Where have i asked you to change?
I will say though that it could easily sound like an insanely jealous husband taking violent revenge rather than just having a word in his shell-like first!

I would also like to know why you consider that your comments acceptable, yet mine are considered as "whinging"?

I see no point in prolonging this silly discussion anyway.
You are what you are, and I am happy as I am.

P.S. Ruthio
has made an interesting point in her post.
which is and which post?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:24 AM

ruthio - clear thinking is beginning to prevail - thank you

and NOW: as an encore?

another one bites the dust!

I don't know if you need any 'stand over' men in the 'Metoo' movement but I'll volunteer if Swim will??
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I don't know if you need any 'stand over' men in the 'Metoo' movement but I'll volunteer if Swim will??
The dictionary tells me that a "'stand over' man" is Australian slang for "a person who uses intimidation to impose their will" or "a person who extorts money by intimidation", i.e. a violent criminal .....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-10-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The dictionary tells me that a "'stand over' man" is Australian slang for "a person who uses intimidation to impose their will" or "a person who extorts money by intimidation", i.e. a violent criminal .....
ever heard of the term 'tongue in cheek' Omah? - it's a very old english term ? maybe older than even you?

ps: humor is permitted even on this web and helmets/hats can be docked if desired?

Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top