Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:58 AM

Tescos chicken

Tesco’s chicken .

This has put me off completely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-RSPCA.html
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 10:42 AM

Re: Tescos chicken

Free range my backside....What constitutes free range?...lifting a chicken up once a month so it can look out a window??
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:04 AM

Free range eggs are a bit of a con. The term should be freer range. They are still cooped up with maybe a small area where they can move about. When I was young we had a croft and the hens were not in an enclosure and were free to roam. One of the problems was we used to find eggs all over the place.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:18 AM

I don't eat chicken, the smell makes me feel ill.

I looked after about 40 free range chickens as a child and had my favourites who liked to be stroked. It was my job to feed them and collect the eggs then crate them ready for collection by the egg marketing board (with the little Lyon stamp).
They were kept in a big shed at night and roamed the fields by day. The fields only had a few sheep and cattle and the farmer was happy to allow our chickens for the odd dozen eggs.

I couldn't eat the chickens it was like eating family members
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:59 AM

Wrong just to blame Tesco....These scumbags were supplying Asda and a few other places as well.
Here up North Tesco get their eggs and chickens from here...

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Some time ago when I saw what went on on Bernard Mathew's Chicken farms, I was sick
The employees were kicking them across the room like footballs. before slaughtering them.
I seldom eat Chicken, only from local Farms
Eat Fish mainly now,
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Wrong just to blame Tesco....These scumbags were supplying Asda and a few other places as well.
Here up North Tesco get their eggs and chickens from here...

Thats's quite a small snapshot of about 50 chickens OGF. Hardly big enough to supply a supermarket like Tesco.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 01:35 PM

I have always liked birds of all sorts, and used to have a lot of poulltry and waterfowl myself, but it was all free range. Even had a digger come in and make a big pond for the ducks and geese to enable them to behave naturally.

Birds in battery cages were banned in the UK about 8 years ago, but I believe they can still be contained, but in better cages than they used to be confined in.

'Free Range' can be a bit of a debateable area.
We tend to think of them being allowed to roam for miles across vast acreage, but it is not always the case at all.

I hate to see cruelty and neglect dished out to any creature.
Because animals can't communicate with us in the same way as other humans, some morons think this makes them inferior and don't need - or deserve - proper care.

So much so for RSPCA inspectors, who reckon they have been there several times in the last six months! Did they just look over the gate or glance as they drove past?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:12 PM

I don’t have much time for the RSPCA .
They don’t seem to be able to do much .
There should be police officiers dedicated to deal with animal cruelty .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t have much time for the RSPCA .
They don’t seem to be able to do much .
There should be police officiers dedicated to deal with animal cruelty .

You and me both, Muddy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top