Join for free
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 03:32 PM

Well I Made It!

A long time ago (although not in a galaxy far, far away) ...

I took my daughter and son to see the first episode of the Star Wars trilogy and, subsequently, the next two episodes. I thoroughly enjoyed these but, at the time, I didn't think too much of them being titled Episodes IV, V and VI.

In 1999 I went along and saw Episode I, followed by Episodes II and III, only to learn that the last film in the third trilogy would not hit our screens until 2020. At that point I mentioned to my husband that perhaps neither he nor I would get to see it!

Well, the force was certainly with us and at the weekend we had a retro Saturday, going along to see Episode 9 and thereafter going for a fish tea in a local cafe.

Was it worth the wait? Well, the fish was tasty, with a crispy batter, and the chips were just as I like them.

As to the final film, I'm glad I saw it - the special effects were stunning and a few questions were answered but I wonder if I am alone in thinking more fondly of my first three experiences?

May the force be with you too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:01 PM

Re: Well I Made It!

Glad you enjoyed it Tango.

The only Star Wars film I have seen is 'Return of the Jedi', which for some reason or other I saw in Spanish with English subtitles. I would like to see them all though one day and preferably in the correct order.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:25 PM

How nice for you both! It sounds like it was an enjoyable evening altogether.

I remember seeing the first one in a renovated theater in Honolulu while I was on a high school trip. The theater still had an organ, and we were treated to an organist who played the score before the movie. I remember thinking it was clever that the spacecraft were dinged and scratched up. I remember Harrison Ford, too .

The second movie I saw on a first date with the man I would eventually marry. He was wearing flip flops and put his feet on the rail in front of me. I remember thinking that he had better step up his game try a little harder .

I am otherwise pitifully behind.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:45 PM

I've seen the first one but never been tempted back.It's not real SciFi is it?
It's just an action film set in space.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top