Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:16 PM

Re: Lily Allen (again)

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We have paid INTO nothing.

We paid taxes that went to meet annual budgets. At the end of each year everything we had paid as taxes had gone.

Today what we get in the form of benefits including the age related benefit has to be funded by young people paying their taxes. Today WE are the ones sitting on our backsides leaching Benefits. They don't come from the state, they come from young workers.

House purchase? Sure! But before we drove house price inflation to n times annual salary they were affordable - but today they are not. WE pushed prices up.

It's hard and even unpleasant to face the truth but face the truth we really should.
There is nothing hard, complicated, unpleasant.

When us old folk were working we paid for our parents & grandparents, and now our children & grandchildren are paying for us.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
There's nothing hard of complicated.

When us old folk were working we paid for our parents & grandparents, and now our children & grandchildren are paying for us.
Exactly. And they have an absolute right to complain about what a crock we are leaving them to face and have to try to resolve for them and THEIR future generations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Rot, Artful. Our generation have paid into those all our WORKING lives. We didn't sit on our backsides leeching benefits from the state - well, I certainly didn't anyway. I took on work that I loathed - but it financed my BSc and other qualifications so I could better myself.

I bought my first house when I was 24yrs - the deposit took every penny I had - so I lived on bare boards for a while. Spent time in auction rooms to buy furniture piece by piece - it was fun and I did not live on credit or accrue debts.

The only money I have ever taken from the state is my pension - and, by golly, I have earned that!

He's right in a way, but he's attempting to twist the reality.

We (well, most of us) work all our lives and pay into the system to support our earlier generation.

The millennials (well, some of them) are working and paying into the system to support us.

In time, their children (perhaps) will work all of their lives and pay into the system to support today's whingeing millennials.

And so it goes on.

Let's assume that the snowflakes somehow manage to circumvent this system.

The millennials would prefer not to pay into the system because it upsets them that they are actually funding our pensions.

Their children will no doubt want to follow their parents' example and refuse to pay into the system. Who will then pay for the millennials' pensions?

I suppose that has never occurred to the critics of our generation!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:58 AM

Seems to have been forgotten that interest rates went up to about 14% , many lost their homes ,because they couldn't pay their mortgages.
It was the greedy estate agents that took advantage, they still do.

Not sure our children are paying for us... my three have cost a fortune with deposits for houses, debts, university fees, they've had their inheritance well in advance. We didn't get any of that but there again we didn't think life was one big party every weekend, and pay £100 for tickets to concerts and events if we couldn't afford it.
My kids generation are all me,me,me and expected their parents to pay them. To lend and to borrow, are verbs that should be removed from dictionaries.
Lily Allen should keep her trap closed . She's another that wants to be an activist and wind people up, but only in the summer months , like the rest of them ! She must be bored atm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 08:25 PM

Douglas Murray re Lawrence Fox interview ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/0...me-appearance/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 08:30 PM

Lily Allen? All talk and no action!
Lectures us all on what we should be doing but does nowt herself.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 08:34 PM

She's old enough to be Greta Thunderbags mother and therefore as guilty as the rest of us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Douglas Murray re Lawrence Fox interview ...

What an excellent article.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-01-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
She's old enough to be Greta Thunderbags mother and therefore as guilty as the rest of us.
Greta Thunderbum's mother is also as guilty as the rest of us, and she's the one really responsible for her daughter's attitude!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
douglas murray re lawrence fox interview ...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top