Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 11:41 AM

Re: Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Like many, its been a strange journey, wouldn't have had it any other way.
Would we all have ended up here if things had been different?
One wrong (or right) turn at the junction in the long road of life.....

One different turn in our parents road of life....

One different turn in their parents road of life....

Makes you wonder if life is random at all....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 01:19 PM

I can send messages, in Morse Code, at 25 words per minute (plain Language).

I can read Morse Code at 25 WPM and type the messages, straight onto a typewriter, with two fingers.

Sadly, my skills are no longer required!

Interestingly, for me, when I did my first trip, on a Cunarder (1955), the Chief Radio Man, and his deputy, were getting on a bit, and close to retirement In fact they were already Radio Men at the time the Titanic went down!

That makes me feel old!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I only know about horses .
You forgot to say that you are an accomplished Artist

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:32 AM

I am Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother.

I have been a Market Trader, Owner of a Restaurant, Coffee Bar, Fashion Boutique. Made and sold Hair Lotion.
Owned an Introduction Agency, Ran a Company,for now sold.
I can Knit Sew and Paint and throw three balls in the air and a Yo Yo too,.. and play with my maracas. OOh!

And Cook fresh food. I have been told I am Psychic as well.

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:59 PM

Am I the only winemaker on this forum? 40 years working in the industry , preceded by 3 years travelling where I was:-
Truck driver/typist; night porter; shepherd ; cattle musterer; postman; tour guide; QC supervisor; lawn mower (at school); greengrocer delivery boy (at school).
Now I am bloody exhausted!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 05:31 AM

Wow! A fully-functioning town could be founded with the skills and talent on this forum. What an interesting lot! I know for sure that many of you (Barry and Muddy, to name a few) are understating some exceptional abilities.

Truly talentless, I am initially terrible at everything but stubborn (or foolish?) enough to keep at it, determined to keep going until rise above the humiliating level of embarrassing myself - because living is too much fun not to try. My only gifts are curiosity and a work ethic that have served me well enough to surf a little, run some, paint marginally, sew curtains and bedding, teach upper mathematics and science, run a business, pitifully play the piano, operate a telescope, and bake a decent chocolate meringue pie.

(Azure, that is gorgeous photo of you!)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Am I the only winemaker on this forum? 40 years working in the industry , preceded by 3 years travelling where I was:-
Truck driver/typist; night porter; shepherd ; cattle musterer; postman; tour guide; QC supervisor; lawn mower (at school); greengrocer delivery boy (at school).
Now I am bloody exhausted!
I’m a wine drinker
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Wow! A fully-functioning town could be founded with the skills and talent on this forum. What an interesting lot! I know for sure that many of you (Barry and Muddy, to name a few) are understating some exceptional abilities.

Truly talentless, I am initially terrible at everything but stubborn (or foolish?) enough to keep at it, determined to keep going until rise above the humiliating level of embarrassing myself - because living is too much fun not to try. My only gifts are curiosity and a work ethic that have served me well enough to surf a little, run some, paint marginally, sew curtains and bedding, teach upper mathematics and science, run a business, pitifully play the piano, operate a telescope, and bake a decent chocolate meringue pie.

(Azure, that is gorgeous photo of you!)
You are truly modest Surfermom !
We have seen your paintings and I have tried ( what a laugh) to get up on a surf board so I know how difficult it is -maths has always been a total mystery to me and my cooking gene died when my children left home .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 06:40 AM

Any compliment coming from you about art is high praise indeed, Muddy. Thank you .

And it seems that you are really on to something. I like a good glass of wine myself.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 07:50 AM

Without the likes of Muddy and Surfermom, I would have been unemployed for 40 years!

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top