Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 06:09 PM

Re: One of the greatest movies of all time

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I watched it many years ago and sort of enjoyed it although I thought it over long, but it didn't leave me feeling like I wanted to watch it again...
IIRC, that was my reaction, too .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 06:55 PM

It's a good film, worth watching a few times if only to feel sorry for the inmate who got released but had become too institutionalised. He really couldn't hack it once back on the outside.
I liked the rescued crow.

If you want a film where you find yourself starting to bat for the inmate and at the end you're kind of glad he got out, watch Midnight Express. It's brutal. Filthy hovel stuff in a Turkish jail.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:41 PM

My BH loves it.I'd be quite happy if I never saw it again.I don't know what all the fuss is about.I know it's fiction but none of it seems very likely to me.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
My BH loves it.I'd be quite happy if I never saw it again.I don't know what all the fuss is about.I know it's fiction but none of it seems very likely to me.
Are you referring to Midnight Express PS?..It's based on a true story as far as I know. I wouldn't pretend to know how much has been changed for dramatic purposes but basically true I think ?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 04:40 AM

No,Shawshank

I don't think she would like Midnight Express.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top