Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:03 PM

Speaking of great films...

If you're a scfi buff, or even if you aren't, there's a great film on Sony Movies (Freeview channel 32) tonight.

Interstellar. An intelligent film about mankind setting off to find habital planets after the Earth is totally poisoned with all animal life made extinct. Far removed from the usual plethora of Star Wars and alien invasion films.

Give it a try
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:05 PM

Re: Speaking of great films...

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you're a scfi buff, or even if you aren't, there's a great film on Sony Movies (Freeview channel 32) tonight.

Interstellar. An intelligent film about mankind setting off to find habital planets after the Earth is totally poisoned with all animal life made extinct. Far removed from the usual plethora of Star Wars and alien invasion films.

Give it a try
Oh Judd!!!! it has been one of my new all time faves since it came out! Awesome and gobsmacking spring to mind

The music is out of this world too!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:46 PM

Some of my favourite films are SciFi -
Starman
Star Trek: First Contact
Galaxy Quest
All seen numerous times and always enjoyed massively.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Some of my favourite films are SciFi -
Starman
Star Trek: First Contact
Galaxy Quest
All seen numerous times and always enjoyed massively.
my husband loves Galaxy Quest, it's one of his faves too.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:12 PM

I love alien films, the best for me are the first Alien films with Sigourney Weaver, the sequels are rubbish.
Starship Trooper very good.
Close Encounters etc etc.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:13 PM

Not much into scifi apart from the classics like Close Encounters and Alien but I really enjoyed Interstellar. Great movie. ONe really great one is "Enemy Mine" with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jnr. It's a ripper.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:24 PM

I'm on it Judd......
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:44 PM

You can't go wrong with one of the oldies,Forbidden Planet.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:58 PM

Love sci fi films, enemy mine is a really good one as keezoy says, one of my all time favourites is the thing from another world, the original black and white one, although the remake with kurt Russell is good too
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:29 PM

My favourite Sci-fi film is Avatar.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top