Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:46 PM

THIS LIFE - Returns!

People will either recognise the name of this smash series or they won't. Back in the 90s it was a huge hit. It was a cutting edge drama about five young lawyers sharing a house together in London fresh out of university.

It was very addictive and compelling to watch and had some rising stars including "Egg" played by Andrew Lincoln who went on to star in the Walking Dead and "Miles" played by Jack Arthur Davenport who did the narration in the MasterCard adverts and of course is now a key role in the Pirates Of The Caribbean films.

Here's a picture of the gang:

The entire first series is being re-run on BBC 4 which will excite fans of the series.

First episode will be aired at 10pm on Monday, February 3, with episode two and three following straight after on the same night.

The remaining episodes of the 11-part series will be shown from 10pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of that week.

There were only 2 series made in total so let's hope they will also air the 2nd series later on.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:27 PM

Re: THIS LIFE - Returns!

I remember it ...and I'll be watching it again. I like the idea of them showing 3 episodes back to back.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:40 PM

Is it Courtroom stuff then?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:41 PM

No, it's about a group of young people training to be lawyers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:12 PM

I saw this thread and thought they were reviving it rather than rerunning it!

I loved this series so much at the time that I recently paid for and downloaded the whole two seasons so it is a little annoying that they have suddenly decided to rerun it (grr). I used to love watching this back in the 90s. I felt I could identify with them as I was also early on in a professional career and working in a similar corporate environment, albeit not legal having similar interactions and relationships.

It was out around the time of Blur and Oasis, when actors still looked naturally good looking if a little imperfect and not full of botox and other enhancements. The fashions have really dated. This was the era of suits for women which these days is not so common. All the dress codes are so much more relaxed now. I remember spending a fortune on glossy tights.

It's funny watching people drinking with their lunch and having a cigarette in the restaurant or pub. I don't know anyone who has a liquid lunch these days and of course smoking is banned. But this was normal in those days. Going for a boozy lunch and then trying to work in the afternoon was always a challenge. Anna was always my favourite character. Trying to be so cool and hard but vulnerable and complex inside. Egg was so annoying. I always felt sorry for Milly.

Anyway it's worth watching for nostalgia.

My other favourite out a few years earlier was Thirtysomething but it's impossible to find that now. I did order the DVD from the US a few years ago but it was such poor quality that I had to return it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I saw this thread and thought they were reviving it rather than rerunning it!
So did I! for them not commissioning a new series.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 05:39 PM

Where is Esther Rantzen and Doc Cox in the photo?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 07:05 PM

You mean Dot Cotton?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top