Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:16 AM

Tiredness.

How does tiredness affect you? Does it make you grumpy and bad tempered, or maybe weepy and unable to make simple decisions, or do you find yourself nodding off everytime you sit down? And what do you do about it?
Personally, I think mental tiredness is more debilitating than physical tiredness if allowed to continue.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:22 AM

Re: Tiredness.

I hardly sleep Mups, one of the main reasons I had to stop working. I could be very grumpy, but try to control it, but it doesn't always work with the OH. Fortunately most of the time he is understanding. I never nod off in the day either.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:26 AM

Tiredness doesn't make me grumpy but a kind of 'I can't cope with this weepy'.

I nod off too When I used to work nights I was sitting on a stool in the kitchen one morning having just got home drinking a cup of tea and listening to the radio before going to bed and I dozed off with my cup in my hand and fell off the stool spilling tea everywhere . I woke myself up falling and managed to grab the table on my way down. The cup got smashed though.

Tiredness used to make me feel physically sick.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:27 AM

Never been able to "Power Nap", tried taking short sleeps during the day, but woke up feeling I'd gone five rounds with Mike Tyson, no problem with night time sleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:29 AM

That sounds like me you've described Meg, except it's never made me feel sick.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds like me you've described Meg, except it's never made me feel sick.
I found as I got older and worked nights and got really tired I became much more emotional and tearful and couldn't cope with situations so well.
Unlike the days of my youth working in kennels when I would be up all night whelping bitches and never felt tired the next day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-12-2014, 12:41 AM

Yes, I also think if you really love what you're doing, it's not always easy to stop when its sensible to do so. It's only later you realise you've over done it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:28 AM

I'm definitely grumpy when I'm tired! But I often have a power nap during the day when the need arises...when I can't keep my eyes open, or the tiredness just over whelms me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:40 AM

I'm just getting over a tired spell, which made me feel a bit fragile. There was too much going on at the time and I tend to get weary afterwards. I don't get grumpy, I just feel more emotional and anxious.

God bless anyone who's an insomniac. I really feel for them. It must take it's toll
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-12-2014, 09:54 AM

Another thing I found when very tired after working nights was my internal heating regulation didn't work so well, I used to feel cold and shivered a lot.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top