Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:58 PM

Re: Very Interesting.

Hopefully this will be visible to members who were unable to view the OP.
http://tinyurl.com/axy9klu
The film mentioned was Fantastic Voyage (1966)
Here is a short clip.
http://tinyurl.com/a4ys2dy
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was able to see the video Cate, it was very interesting and may well save many lives in the future.

By the way, just in case some members are getting confused at what they are watching, the actual programme Cate is referring to was about 3 to 4 minutes in from the start of the video.
Thanks Mags, I get so excited I forget to explain things properly.. I have sent this to people as an email, telling them how interesting it is and then forgot to add the item as an attachment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
The chip will only be the size of a grain of sand and it is supposed to wander. There was a film once about little people roaming around a body I prefer tiny chips.
That is a lot smaller than the microchip implants they use in our pets, they are about the size of a grain of rice.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 10:24 PM

I think it's a good thing, especially if you don't have to go near a hospital with all the bugs you can pick up there, could save a lot of lives.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 11:36 AM

I showed this to my son who commented that if they can easily monitor illness and disease they could use it to monitor the whereabouts of certain people, allowing prisoners to be released to work in the community. I thought ok not a bad idea but that could lead to 'a big brother' scenario.

Then I thought about the unseen consequenselets face it they could put a chip in a new born and keep an eye on them forever. Then I thought who is this they you keep talking about.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 11:42 AM

I showed this to my son who commented that if they can easily monitor illness and disease they could use it to monitor the whereabouts of certain people, allowing prisoners to be released to work in the community. I thought ok not a bad idea but that could lead to 'a big brother' scenario.

Then I thought about the unseen consequenselets face it they could put a chip in a new born and keep an eye on them forever. Then I thought who is this they you keep talking about.

Cate darlin' 'THEM' are Government Ministers - Cameron and IDS, and Theresa May to name but three.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

20-02-2013, 11:58 AM

I wouldn't mind it becoming a rule that once you became Prime or any other sort of minister you had to be fitted with a micro chip and each time you told a lie it registered and a bell would ring in every home. However, this may not be a good idea as some of us don't like constant ringing in their ears.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't mind it becoming a rule that once you became Prime or any other sort of minister you had to be fitted with a micro chip and each time you told a lie it registered and a bell would ring in every home. However, this may not be a good idea as some of us don't like constant ringing in their ears.
Better idea Cate darlin' would be to wire it up to a small electric motor so that every time they told a lie it would deliver an electric 'jolt'.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Uncle Joe and cookiecate - that's awful! But I like it
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

20-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Uncle Joe and cookiecate - that's awful! But I like it

I can just imagine Prime Ministers Question time the poor man would like he was having a fit.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top