Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:07 AM

Re: Slowly moving to no deal brexit

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
You will support the Catalans, Sardinians and Basques in their fight for independence! Can I assume you will support Scotland in the fight for theirs?
It would be illegal for the UK Gov't to actively support it's own destruction............so NO,lol!!

anyway, I believe Scotland is better placed within the UK and would do a lot better if it chose politicians who will work constructively with rUK instead of sowing division and exceptionalism.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I think momentum in the younger voters is now gathering pace for opting out without a deal. We've had enough, we're off. We don't give a toss about how Norway won't have enough fish to feed 5 million population. We don't give a stuff about France , we don't give a hoot about Germany, or any of these other countries that need our money. Start worrying about your own problems and not the UK's. We'll be just incredibly fine, given a couple of years..... and then you'll all start thinking seriously about your own positions.
If Scotland wants to join you.. so be it. Let's not take away the democratic vote. However, things might not be so easy for them as originally thought, as although they would have expected the Bank of England to prop up the Scottish pound, I think it has been declared that Scotland will have to join the Euro... and who is going to rebuild Hadrians wall ?
It’s a bit sad to read your lack of respect for other nations in the EU. I think you’ll find that the Norwegians, French and Germans are quite capable of prospering without “our money”.
I would remind you that the pound is the UK currency, not just England’s. Scotland is quite entitled to use it whilst working towards its own. Whether to join the EU and/or use the Euro will be up to the Scottish people post independence. Nobody says the transition to independence will be “easy” as you put it. One more thing, Scotland and England didn’t exist when Hadrians Wall was built, it never has, nor ever will. define the border. I’m sure we will co-exist just fine without a physical border.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It would be illegal for the UK Gov't to actively support it's own destruction............so NO,lol!!

anyway, I believe Scotland is better placed within the UK and would do a lot better if it chose politicians who will work constructively with rUK instead of sowing division and exceptionalism.
If you want an example of what exceptionalism can do, look no further than the division Brexit has caused. Of course Scotland is no better than anyone else but I don’t think we’re any worse and well capable of governing ourselves.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Are you saying the UK has no article 50 or alike that can be invoked by a member that wants to leave? That is no voluntary union but an annexation.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 01:58 PM

If you want an example of what exceptionalism can do, look no further than the division Brexit has caused. Of course Scotland is no better than anyone else but I don’t think we’re any worse and well capable of governing ourselves.
Now I understand. The UK is not a union of sovereign states, as compared to the EU?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Whether to join the EU and/or use the Euro will be up to the Scottish people post independence.
Entering the EU as a new member in 2020, you will have to adopt the euro. No way around it.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

29-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Now I understand. The UK is not a union of sovereign states, as compared to the EU?
The UK is the sovereign state, the constituent countries are not sovereign in their own right. England is by far the largest and dominates.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

29-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Entering the EU as a new member in 2020, you will have to adopt the euro. No way around it.
Personally, I don’t have issues with that. However, there is a fair few Scots who do. Let’s get our independence first and then the Scots people can make their own mind up.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope.

Parliament can call an Election.

Boris is a Liar, he has been sacked twice for lying.

He is lying now.

He simply cannot deliver on his promises.

If he becomes Prime Minister, we are lost.

It is all about him, not us.

I trust Farage far more than I trust Boris.

Farage is a Realist, he is honest.

He will take us out and tells us it will hurt for a while.

Farage is at least honest, Boris is not.
Unfortunately, the race for Prime Minister is not between Boris and Nigel, it is between Boris and Jeremy Hunt, You know, the for so long sour, miserable bugger in the suit who has suddendly morphed into "The man of the people" with the jacket off, rolled up shirtsleeves and permanent smile look. The Theresa May in trousers, the kick it down the road Brexit idiot who thinks he can fool the public. The Tory who voted Remain until he saw which way the wind was blowing.

Give me Boris any day if I can't have Nigel in Number 10.
Hopefully his first action will be to kick every single Remain supporting treacherous cabinet member out the moment he enters Downing Street.

Then we will deal with the corrupt oligarchy running the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-06-2019, 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1735928Then we will deal with the corrupt oligarchy running the EU.[/QUOTE]

You mean after october 31? How do you intend to do that. After that date you're no member, so nobody takes any notice of you anymore.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top