Join for free
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Fosterbrad
London UK
Fosterbrad is male  Fosterbrad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Hypocrisy Democracy

The UK electorate deserve another people’s vote on EU membership.

Brexit is an engineered right wing lie, promulgated and imposed by the political elite on to a naive and gullible UK electorate. It divisive and does absolutely nothing to foster social cohesion. Brexit's sole purpose is the furtherance and advancement of political power.

In short all that Brexit achieved was to provide its paymasters, the UK political establishment, with the mandate it sought and needed to legally disenfranchise unwitting UK citizens of their inalienable EU rights and freedoms.

The irony we now face is that that same right wing section of the political establishment, witnessed vigorously fostering support for a public EU vote in 2016, can now be seen doing everything in their power to prevent a much wiser UK electorate from having another say (e.g. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Andrea Leadsham).

Classic example of a Hypocrisy democracy
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Re: Hypocrisy Democracy

a naive and gullible UK electorate.
I presume that refers to anyone outside of London.
Says it all really
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fosterbrad ->

Brexit is an engineered right wing lie, promulgated and imposed by the political elite on to a naive and gullible UK electorate. It divisive and does absolutely nothing to foster social cohesion. Brexit's sole purpose is the furtherance and advancement of political power.

In short all that Brexit achieved was to provide its paymasters, the UK political establishment, with the mandate it sought and needed to legally disenfranchise unwitting UK citizens of their inalienable EU rights and freedoms.

The irony we now face is that that same right wing section of the political establishment, witnessed vigorously fostering support for a public EU vote in 2016, can now be seen doing everything in their power to prevent a much wiser UK electorate from having another say (e.g. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Andrea Leadsham).

Jings! Get your hard hat on, this is right wing central. (Bit to the right of Atilla the Hun in some cases)
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Jings! Get your hard hat on, this is right wing central. (Bit to the right of Atilla the Hun in some cases)
... with a resident Marxist just to even things up a bit.
Fosterbrad
London UK
Fosterbrad is male  Fosterbrad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:35 PM

I meant no offence to the UK electorate by my post however, I cannot recall Brexiteers promulgating the benefits of a £39 billion divorce settlement, the NI Backstop and it’s relation to the UK’s Good Friday Agreement Treaty commitments and negative economic impacts to the UK economy.
however I do remember, ‘Unicorns’ like reduced immigration; £375 million a week more for the NHS; free trade agreements with exactly the same benefits. and the EU ‘bending over backwards’ to give the UK a deal?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:03 PM

I meant no offence to the UK electorate by my post however, I cannot recall Brexiteers promulgating the benefits of a £39 billion divorce settlement, the NI Backstop and it’s relation to the UK’s Good Friday Agreement Treaty commitments and negative economic impacts to the UK economy.
however I do remember, ‘Unicorns’ like reduced immigration; £375 million a week more for the NHS; free trade agreements with exactly the same benefits. and the EU ‘bending over backwards’ to give the UK a deal?
Will you be contributing in other topics on the forum Fosterbrad? Or have you joined just to comment on the Brexit thread?
Fosterbrad
London UK

02-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Good Question, Have not taken the time to look through the topics being discussed
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:13 PM

... it's just that we're trying to cut back on Brexit talk and branch out a bit.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Well said, sir!

Those are fine words - I subscribe to them.
Fosterbrad
London UK

02-03-2019, 10:24 PM

A positive entry for a change. I was under the impression my views were a bit of ‘old hat’ given most of the responses received .

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top