Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Re: My Vets

Well done to Mups vet, my vet will never win anything like that he gets bad reviews on google and places all the time, sadly people seem to think his strict clipped way of dealing with people makes him a bad vet but he is just so interested in the animals he isn't very good with people. I have never had a bad word to say about him he has treated my dogs for years now and even dealt with deaths with dignity and care just not so well at expressing this to humans.

If animals could vote I think he'd win something.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Julie, I think it's unfortunate your vet isn't more pleasant to the animal's owner, as at times of upset and stress, we need to be able to talk, and know they understand our fears. A bit of sympathy can work wonders.

For example, when my last GSD was put to sleep, I remember I felt absolutely broken in bits, and my vet asked one of the nurses to take me up to their staff room and make me a cup of tea, as he was concerned about me driving back alone. I really, really appreciated that bit of kindness.

If I haven't understood something about the workings of internal organs etc, he will even sketch a picture to show me what he means exactly.
He doesn't suffer fools though.

He is a very quietly spoken, gentle chap, and I trust him more than I trust my GP!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well done to Mups vet, my vet will never win anything like that he gets bad reviews on google and places all the time, sadly people seem to think his strict clipped way of dealing with people makes him a bad vet but he is just so interested in the animals he isn't very good with people. I have never had a bad word to say about him he has treated my dogs for years now and even dealt with deaths with dignity and care just not so well at expressing this to humans.

If animals could vote I think he'd win something.
He sounds like a complete AH .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Julie, I think it's unfortunate your vet isn't more pleasant to the animal's owner, as at times of upset and stress, we need to be able to talk, and know they understand our fears. A bit of sympathy can work wonders.

For example, when my last GSD was put to sleep, I remember I felt absolutely broken in bits, and my vet asked one of the nurses to take me up to their staff room and make me a cup of tea, as he was concerned about me driving back alone. I really, really appreciated that bit of kindness.

If I haven't understood something about the workings of internal organs etc, he will even sketch a picture to show me what he means exactly.

He is a very quietly spoken, gentle chap, and I trust him more than I trust my GP!
Glad your vets won Mups kindness as well as medical skill is so important .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:58 PM

For dog owners, I can’t remember the last time I went to the loo by myself too

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D9D620E1-D763-48F6-9EEA-DD7CDE819105.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	9050  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->

Like it, Rehab.
So true.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

True I think though it's mainly because he's South African, he has that clipped almost rude way of speaking. He does his best bless him but as his wife always says he's his own worse enemy in some ways.
He does explain things well BTW that's how we first met him we had a report from one vet we didn't understand so took it to him as a second opinion and he was great and actually advised a cheaper course of treatment that worked well. So I trust him implicitly with mine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
LOL that's too true must have been written by a chihuahua owner, as soon as she's in bed no room for anyone else and it's a queen size bed !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:40 PM

You have to love though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Sorry to be a bore and resurrect this, (see original post), but just to tell you one more thing I only just found out yesterday.

Regarding my brill vets being awared ' Best UK Vet 2019' I just found out they had 1,102 x 5 Star ratings.
I believe the judges said it was a record.
I'm so pleased for them, they deserve it.

I also love the fact they are an independent vets, not a big chain, so they do entirely their own 'out of hours' emergencies 7 days a week.
This means you don't have to travel miles to a strange vet who you know nothing about, and who doesn't know your animal from Adam.

It is a very old practice. In fact it started as a Veterinary Surgery way back in 1874 and expanded and has kept going ever since.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top