Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Nick Knowles: DIY SOS host banned from driving

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48608963

DIY SOS host Nick Knowles has been banned from driving for six months and fined nearly £1,500 for speeding and using a mobile phone at the wheel.

Knowles, 56, previously admitted the two driving offences and was sentenced at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court.

He was caught driving at 85mph in a 70mph zone in a Range Rover and using his phone on 28 January.

Knowles told the court he had a hands-free kit in his car but was holding his mobile due to a "dodgy power lead".

Presiding justice Andrew Hill told the former I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! contestant the ban would be enforced as it would not cause him "exceptional hardship".

He was fined £666 for speeding and £666 for using his phone, with a victim surcharge of £66 and prosecution costs of £85.
BIB The number of the Beast (and Little Beast?) .....

Nevertheless, Nick Knowles is more honest than some MPs I could mention .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:50 PM

Re: Nick Knowles: DIY SOS host banned from driving

DIY SOS host Nick Knowles has been banned from driving for six months and fined nearly £1,500 for speeding and using a mobile phone at the wheel.
Good!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good!
Indeed .....

Knowles, representing himself, said he had chosen to "dismiss" legal advice to attempt to "get by on a technicality".

"Given all that background, it would be pompous and irresponsible of me to try and get off," he said. "For me, this was a wake-up call and me putting my phone in the boot of my car now stops the temptation.

"The six-month ban was appropriate because to give anything else would be giving me special privilege."
I still think he's a dickhead (based on IACGMOOH) but credit where credit's due .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 01:47 PM

They could have at least fined him a thousand, just so the judge could say 'I fine you one thoooooooouuuuuuuuusand poooooouuuuuunds (like he does on his quiz programmes).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They could have at least fined him a thousand, just so the judge could say 'I fine you one thoooooooouuuuuuuuusand poooooouuuuuunds (like he does on his quiz programmes).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by omah ->
indeed .....

Credit where credit's due .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top