Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:03 PM

Adult colouring books.

No - you naughty menfolk - not those sort of adult books. Proper colouring in books but aimed at adults.

Have any of you tried them? Do you like them?

Most of the ones I have seen have been horrific - either repetitive and boring or the sort of heavy abstract things that make your eyes hurt - but - a friend gave me one for Christmas that is quite pretty. It is all Dragons. Friendly ones, scary ones, flowery ones, Chinese ones and fairy ones.

Have just completed the first one while watching a favourite film and - much to my surprise - I enjoyed it. Just going to make another cup of tea, grab a few more pencils - and start the next one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Re: Adult colouring books.

I have seen them for sale but not bought them. I never really liked colouring in even as a child. I suppose I was a rebel.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:14 PM

I bought one and the pens a while ago, thought I'd give it a bash. Made the mistake of tidying them away in the Den cupboard and they are still there. THEN I found a colouring App on my tablet...…...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 06:09 PM

I have several books myself..but not the eye wateringly tiny repetetive ones that do anything but de-stress you.
I have one which is a comic book colouring book with nice large poster style pictures to colour and another one which is called the Magical Unicorn Society ...I enjoy the books with larger style images..
Ive loads of tubs of very fine felt tips and also some larger felt tips depending on the pictures. Its a lovely way to pass the time
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 06:22 PM

I've seen them in the shops and thought they were crap

I hold my hand up and freely admit that when The Child was growing up and life was way too stressful, when she was in bed I used to get her colouring books and crayons out and relax with them. By 'ec they were good for de-stressing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 06:57 PM

I've done a few, made a change to have child saying stay within the lines to me instead of me badgering her when she was younger
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I have several books myself..but not the eye wateringly tiny repetetive ones that do anything but de-stress you.
I have one which is a comic book colouring book with nice large poster style pictures to colour and another one which is called the Magical Unicorn Society ...I enjoy the books with larger style images..
Ive loads of tubs of very fine felt tips and also some larger felt tips depending on the pictures. Its a lovely way to pass the time
Never thought of using felt tips - do they not bleed through to the other side of the page Aysa?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:45 PM

I quite like the pencils you wet the tip to make them look like water colour paints.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I quite like the pencils you wet the tip to make them look like water colour paints.
I have some of those as well - and some metallic ones - which are excellent for Dragons!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top