Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Re: Is anyone looking forward to USA Food?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Certainly for meat and vegetables we should, as far as possible, opt for British produce or Scottish or Welsh produce.
There is no OR in there.
British is British.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm confused about the supposition that food from America is sub standard... the few times I've been there I've always been impressed by the quality of their food especially meat which is always high quality.

To be honest I don't think much would change even with a hard BREXIT....things would stay much the same, I can't imagine the EU would be keen to lose our custom ... it's all just scare mongering.
They stick all sorts of agents into meat to make it seem high quality.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They stick all sorts of agents into meat to make it seem high quality.
Like GM crops from Spain you mean ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I completely agree that - at the moment - we are a long way from being self sufficient but - surely - if those 60,000,000 who live here all started buying UK only produce - then our so called government would have to do something about it?
They did. After all UK based produce was sold, what acces produce demanded by the UK customers was imported from the EU.
UK consumers were satisfied with the quality of products from the EU, naturally. Due to EU regulations quality standards in the EU, including the UK, are identical.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
They did. After all UK based produce was sold, what acces produce demanded by the UK customers was imported from the EU.
UK consumers were satisfied with the quality of products from the EU, naturally. Due to EU regulations quality standards in the EU, including the UK, are identical.
Then how come we found horse meat in some products? As far as I know that is not a normal part of the UK diet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Then how come we found horse meat in some products? As far as I know that is not a normal part of the UK diet.

I don't mind horse meat, I've eaten it before and very tasty it was too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:27 AM

Years ago horse meat used to be for feeding animals, we used to feed it to our dog in those days.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:28 AM

They eat horse regularly in France
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They eat horse regularly in France

Precisely !!! - which is where I enjoyed my meal, and since we already eat beef, lamb and pigs, I see no reason why we shouldn't eat horses too, particularly since there's an over-population of New Forest ponies (amongst others) which are being shipped to the continent for the Europeans to eat.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

06-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Precisely !!! - which is where I enjoyed my meal, and since we already eat beef, lamb and pigs, I see no reason why we shouldn't eat horses too, particularly since there's an over-population of New Forest ponies (amongst others) which are being shipped to the continent for the Europeans to eat.
Yep

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top