Join for free
Page 4 of 42 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes and his views and observations were clouded as was his ability to read maps!
There is far too much evidence that in the case of Islam he was and still is bang on the button.

I would go further.

Islam is totally incompatible with democracy.

Discuss?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Some negroid races do have smaller brains and there is no doubt that evolutionary pressure has resulted in different strengths and weaknesses being expressed in different races of people.

This does not mean that there is any race of übermensch or üntermensh, but it does mean that some societies and/or environments are better suited to different races.

But what Churchill wrote was not about Schwartzers, it was about Islam and its affect on its votaries.
Only proven by racist scientists I see. You believe them if you wish but it says more about you than them I think.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:28 PM

There is far too much evidence that in the case of Islam he was and still is bang on the button.

I would go further.

Discuss?
I would agree with you on this Artful Todger;-

What does democracy mean in simple terms?
A democracy means rule by the people. The name is used for different forms of government, where the people can take part in the decisions that affect the way their community is run. ... This is commonly called representative democracy.

What are the 4 principles of democracy?
To function effectively, democracies must ensure an active role for the people through four key principles: Justice: All citizens are equal before the law; they have the right to a fair trial; and, governments are subject to the rule of law.

Can anybody explain how Islam can be considered democratic on the simple quotes I have given?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:31 PM

I would go further.

Discuss?
Dodger we have a long standing tradition around here that you are obviously unaware of : some members who I won't name but they will recognize themselves have formed the habit of starting of a new thread with Topic: then the simple invitation "discuss" - they are usually ignored.

but just to humor you I refer you to old Baghdad in days of yore when it was a city of all religions and all scholars living and learning together - no incompatibility there heh?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Ciderman may I offer my deepest sympathy to you and all your Countrymen/women for the terrible events that occurred today, so sad to hear this on the news, may the many deceased rest in peace.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree with you on this Artful Todger;-

What does democracy mean in simple terms?
A democracy means rule by the people. The name is used for different forms of government, where the people can take part in the decisions that affect the way their community is run. ... This is commonly called representative democracy.

What are the 4 principles of democracy?
To function effectively, democracies must ensure an active role for the people through four key principles: Justice: All citizens are equal before the law; they have the right to a fair trial; and, governments are subject to the rule of law.

Can anybody explain how Islam can be considered democratic on the simple quotes I have given?
Can I just enquire why Islam should be democratic in anyway ? it's a religion, a belief system not a democratic government. I look to most religions and not one of them is democratic in any meaningful way.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ciderman may I offer my deepest sympathy to you and all your Countrymen/women for the terrible events that occurred today, so sad to hear this on the news, may the many deceased rest in peace.
Me too Ciderman - we have all as usual disregarded and disrespected the issues in an effort to push our own causes and win our own arguments. But we are brothers in arms that's for sure. If there was anyone I needed covering my back in a tricky moment it would be a Kiwi/Maori!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 03:02 PM

Anyone with a reasonable intelligence (unfortunately that excludes most politicians) will realise that this sort of needless atrocity will be happening more and more. It's what the radical muslims want to happen - a war between muslims and non-muslims. Our governments are not doing enough to prevent terrorist attacks, or to keep terrorists out. The Lefties welcome them with open arms and prefer to reward them rather than exterminate them; so it is inevitable that there will be reprisals such as this around the World.

Obviously we don't know yet why the Aussie did it but as we know, Aussies have been targeted in the past. Perhaps in his mind he was getting his own back for something? We don't know yet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 03:08 PM

I would go further.

I think most thinking people are clear on this point.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Anyone with a reasonable intelligence (unfortunately that excludes most politicians) will realise that this sort of needless atrocity will be happening more and more. It's what the radical muslims want to happen - a war between muslims and non-muslims. Our governments are not doing enough to prevent terrorist attacks, or to keep terrorists out. The Lefties welcome them with open arms and prefer to reward them rather than exterminate them; so it is inevitable that there will be reprisals such as this around the World.

Obviously we don't know yet why the Aussie did it but as we know, Aussies have been targeted in the past. Perhaps in his mind he was getting his own back for something? We don't know yet.
I am afraid that you are correct.

Page 4 of 42 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top