Join for free
View Poll Results: Who should be the next PM out of this lot?
Penny Mordaunt 1 5.00%
Pritti Patel 1 5.00%
Esther McVie 3 15.00%
Andrea Leadsom 7 35.00%
Dominic Raab 4 20.00%
Micheal Gove 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:34 AM

Re: Who should be the next PM

I have lost faith & trust is all MPs since the Brexit fiasco.
It seems to have taken most of them 3 years to accept that we are leaving the EU.

Political party politics is failing here, so I would be interested to know which of them would support a vote on making Proportional Representation a new way of deciding who wins the general elections!

If they spent less time arguing in the H o C & more time finding out what they can do for the people of Britian, they may possibly restore some dignity!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Steve Baker
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:40 AM

Larry the cat!

Regards Donkeyman!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Larry the cat!

Regards Donkeyman!
Yep! They're good at making decisions. Just put boxes down with different ideas on them and they'll choose the one that suits best
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:49 AM

I can't say any of the candidates fill me with enthusiasm.

I have just listened to an interesting hypothesis put forward by retired ambassador Sir Christopher Meyer and it is this, if the Brexit party win a lot of seats in the European Parliament and we haven't ratified 'the deal' May proposed by October, the EU with many newly elected eurocrats could well say 'no more extensions we don't want you poisoning the rest of us, leave'.
This would be more likely to happen if the new PM was a hard Brexiteer like Raab or Johnson and the likely consequences could be 'a managed no deal' so WTO with other provisions bolted on.
Parliament would not get a say in the matter the EU would have decided.

I am not a fan of Johnson, he seems rather shallow and self-centred to me . However he could still be the man for the job to bring about the swiftest departure from the EU with some kind of agreement.

Also some people who are less than perfect can have hidden attributes and excel in certain situations , Johnson may well be one of those people.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:52 AM

We need somebody who is fierce and a good negotiator....
Takes no nonsense, and has the confidence to tell Barnier and Co to Bugger off.....

It's a pity Lord Sugar and Mike Ashley are remainers (I think) both have done well by walking over people.....Just the sort we need for now....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Who's best looking?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:09 AM

Hi

So we tell them to bugger off and they say OK

They then object to the WTO about any proposed Trade Deals we have with others existing as part of the EU.

They insist on Rules of Origin, bang goes our car industry and suppliers.

They take back Euroclearing, get the Tax from it, in profit already.

It is not as simple as people think.

They can play very nasty indeed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:16 AM

None of them.
I would vote for Boris - at least it will be interesting for a while. He seems to me to be the only one with a bit of courage and he is good entertainment value. Might bring a bit of humour into things. I also don't think he is the fool that some think he is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:16 AM

We need a less corrupt system like some of the African Countries.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top