Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Re: How often.

Running mainly pauline, five miles 3 times per week come rain or shine (even snow if it's not too deep) plus a longer run (nowadays 8 miles) on a Sunday.
30 press ups every day, and an eye balls out one minute session on the exercise bike....It's hard to walk in a straight line and catch my breath after the bike session....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Running mainly pauline, five miles 3 times per week come rain or shine (even snow if it's not too deep) plus a longer run (nowadays 8 miles) on a Sunday.
30 press ups every day, and an eye balls out one minute session on the exercise bike....It's hard to walk in a straight line and catch my breath after the bike session....
You are a dynamo, Foxy!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Yoga on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, plus dog walking.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 01:20 PM

I used to get all my exercise through dog walking but unfortunately the dog now has an arthritic leg that's not gonna get any better so she's on restricted walks

Bearing that in mind and knowing full well it would make me put on weight I decided that I needed to get up and move more (and eat less, but that's another battle) so 3 days a week I go out for a brisk 30 minute walk on my own, I try to walk as fast as my lungs will allow.

On another 3 days I do step aerobics I'm doing the same workout I used to do when I was in my mid 30's and I'm not going to lie, it half kills me. My hips are also not so good these days so they hurt too but I want (need) to persevere if I ever want to see my feet over the top of my belly again!

Last few days I've been properly poorly so haven't done either the extra walks or the workouts but as soon as I'm fit again I'll be re-starting.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You are a dynamo, Foxy!
Thanks Tabby, we represent the best 'Generation'....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Tabby, we represent the best 'Generation'....
Indeed
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I used to get all my exercise through dog walking but unfortunately the dog now has an arthritic leg that's not gonna get any better so she's on restricted walks

Bearing that in mind and knowing full well it would make me put on weight I decided that I needed to get up and move more (and eat less, but that's another battle) so 3 days a week I go out for a brisk 30 minute walk on my own, I try to walk as fast as my lungs will allow.

On another 3 days I do step aerobics I'm doing the same workout I used to do when I was in my mid 30's and I'm not going to lie, it half kills me. My hips are also not so good these days so they hurt too but I want (need) to persevere if I ever want to see my feet over the top of my belly again!

Last few days I've been properly poorly so haven't done either the extra walks or the workouts but as soon as I'm fit again I'll be re-starting.
Wow! Me too! I do the Reebok The Video...and I've been doing it since 1992 with three pound weights with the step at max height...six days a week. I've never grown tired of it.
Tasha
UK
Tasha is female 

07-01-2020, 10:19 PM

I've played some sort of sport for most of my adult life. I usually play hockey at week-ends and netball mid week in the winter - alright so I'm in the vets teams, and we natter as we play, but I'm still lapping those sitting on the sofa!

In the summer I play rounders, and tennis when I can.

I walk a fair bit but I reckon the regular exercise of playing sport is sufficient exercise in itself.
fitguy2
New Member!
India
fitguy2 is male 

11-01-2020, 12:07 PM

I workout 5 times a week , I also do yoga , I have been working out for a long time and basically I workout so that my body does not get weak .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-01-2020, 12:09 PM

I run 25 miles per week over four days and have done for the forty years, mainly because I can't stop.....
Somebody tie my legs together......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top