Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 08:41 PM

Re: Amarican Style Toilet

Annoying bloke but this is what I mean.

https://youtu.be/zXsEJK3I1x8?t=90
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, I see, what could be called a donut. Are there any serial numbers on the underside of the lid?

If you wish to post a pic of the flush valve, I could check my sources to see if I can find one online?
[url]

[url=https://postimages.org/]

There is no number on the lid

The plumber came to replace the slow flush and made it much worse as it now will not flush and have to throw buckets of water down the pan so it is 'out of use'
I do have another toilet upstairs

He said it is a Syphonic flush for an American toilet and can't get the right parts and wants me to install anew toilet

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:15 AM

I can't see any reason why that valve cannot be replaced with a modern alternative. Of course it is taller than the standard fitted these days but they are still available. It looks a bit like an old Shires valve (which can be expensive) but there are others available including adjustable ones.

Obviously, I am not there so I'm not calling the plumber a liar but personally I would try another plumber. Some plumbers prefer to just replace with new rather than repair because it is much easier.

I notice that the old float valve has been replaced with a modern Torbek valve so I can't see there is a problem with sizes.

Regards
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 06:17 PM

I can't see any reason why that valve cannot be replaced with a modern alternative. Of course it is taller than the standard fitted these days but they are still available. It looks a bit like an old Shires valve (which can be expensive) but there are others available including adjustable ones.

Obviously, I am not there so I'm not calling the plumber a liar but personally I would try another plumber. Some plumbers prefer to just replace with new rather than repair because it is much easier.

I notice that the old float valve has been replaced with a modern Torbek valve so I can't see there is a problem with sizes.

Regards
Thank you, Longdogs.

The trouble is the valve just does not work. I don't mind if the correct one is expensive' as a new quality toilet will cost £400.00

You are right about some Plumbers and Traders, they take the easy way out and want you to buy New equipment.
I will ask my Plumber if an adjustable one is available

And, I will get another Plumbers opinion as well

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Thank you, Longdogs.

The trouble is the valve just does not work. I don't mind if the correct one is expensive' as a new quality toilet will cost £400.00

You are right about some Plumbers and Traders, they take the easy way out and want you to buy New equipment.
I will ask my Plumber if an adjustable one is available

And, I will get another Plumbers opinion as well

Thank you for your help in this matter.

No problem Azure. If I was closer, I would pop over and have a look for myself. Let us know how you get on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-06-2019, 07:07 PM

this website might be of some use. they do Trent spares or might be able to offer an alternative if you contact them and can submit a pic email.

Good luck.

http://www.colouredbathrooms.co.uk/c...+fiesta+syphon
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

08-06-2019, 09:40 PM

this website might be of some use. they do Trent spares or might be able to offer an alternative if you contact them and can submit a pic email.

Good luck.

http://www.colouredbathrooms.co.uk/c...+fiesta+syphon
Thank you so much, Longdogs
They have actually got a Syphonic Flush for Trent toilet
£150.00 plus £15.00 postage
I will order it on Monday 10th inst.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-06-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Thank you so much, Longdogs
They have actually got a Syphonic Flush for Trent toilet
£150.00 plus £15.00 postage
I will order it on Monday 10th inst.

Excellent Azure. Expensive but cheaper than having a new toilet fitted. Hopefully it will last another 40 years.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

14-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Excellent Azure. Expensive but cheaper than having a new toilet fitted. Hopefully it will last another 40 years.

Longdogs.

I have now got the New Parts installed and it is Good as New.

Thank you so much for your advice and the name of the supplier who delivered it in two days.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:45 PM

Next door neighbour to my late parents house in Cornwall was a local builder and did callouts for the local council.

He had one woman who kept calling him out with a blocked toilet. So Eric had to keep going around to clear it.

The lady said to Eric "I don't understand why it keeps getting blocked"

Now Eric had the same sense of humour as me, yes I know its warped.

So Eric replied "Madam the problem is obvious. This house toilet has a 3 inch outlet pipe and you must have a 6 inch arse"

Needless to say this stopped the callouts to this Lady.

True story

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top