Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Re: Sick & Disabled unfairly treated

It would seem not in this example .

If it's not about saving lives or making their life easier what is it about ?

In this case

I don't think benefits are there to support able bodied family members .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:24 PM

You asked didn’t any of the family work ? Supposing the unfortunate lady was being looked after at home in the first instance and needed extra help L
Maybe her family had to take time off work ? Part of the PIP award would have helped them financially given they wouldn’t have a wage coming in ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You asked didn’t any of the family work ? Supposing the unfortunate lady was being looked after at home in the first instance and needed extra help L
Maybe her family had to take time off work ? Part of the PIP award would have helped them financially given they wouldn’t have a wage coming in ?
She was being cared for by Maximilian nurses .

The son was a student so he wasn't working .

I think between them they could have cared for one person .

And most employers will grant compassionate leave .

What about love and duty ?

All supseeded by the word "entitled "

The son got his student loan money back didn't he?

So he's not out of pocket .

Poor woman dying and all preoccupied with what benefit was due to her .

God forbid !
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:41 PM

Please read this again Muddy
From the OP story .
It’s about the way the system failed ,for example demanding face to face interviews with a terminally ill person .
Read in particular the last two paragraphs and what the son was told when it ought to have been dealt with as a fast tracked claim

Two weeks after Carol was diagnosed with terminal cancer, when her condition was worsening, Kevin was receiving calls from the PIP team who were demanding face-to-face interviews with Carol, which Kevin objected to.

“I had to wake my mum up in her hospital bed just after she had more biopsies taken from her stomach,” he said. “It was truly barbaric and I believe the system failed her. These are people, and their integrities are being questioned.”

“Having to make pleas to strangers regarding your loved one’s state of health and whether it fits into the guidelines to receive money or not is not a moment I wanted to remember,” he continued. “It truly makes me feel sad that even right now someone is having to deal with this.

“Afterwards, I knew it was not the people I spoke to on the phone that were at fault, they were simply doing their job. It’s the fault of the policy-makers. They should be called upon to undo this inhumane procedure.”
Kevin says his mum's treatment by the DWP was 'truly barbaric and the system failed
Kevin says his mum's treatment by the DWP was 'truly barbaric and the system failed her'

Kevin, 31, spent the final month of his mother’s life trying to sort out her benefits, something he believes should never have happened. Kevin was told that his mum needed to be sick for more than twelve weeks to claim PIP. But Carol, a former care assistant, died only a month after being told of her terminal diagnosis.

Carol’s family did not receive the PIP payments she was entitled to until a few weeks after she had died. The final payment, money which could have been used to pay for the funeral, was paid 10 months after Carol’s death
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Depends what checks you’re talking about doesn’t it ?
This is about sickness and disability benefits .
There is no such thing as checking these days.
Take a case such as this .
A long term with a severe mental illness person put onto the new name of ESA where previously another term was used .
Called in for a face to face assessment by a.n.other so called health professional ,let’s say a practice nurse from a.n.y where an employee of the foreign firm Atos , on behalf of the very busy DWP , under the let’s get them off benefits “Fit for work “ scheme .
On the assessment form sent to the DWP ,said assessor declares person fit for work . Benefit stops immediately .
Imagine being left like that . No salary ,no state pension if you’re that old .
The upside is the DWP tell you is you can appeal their decision .
So what does the person with a severe mental illness do ,if he/she understands ?
Hopefully will have someone to complete the process by letter , which is to ask for another opinion and say why you think the decision is wrong .This is called Mandatory Reconsideration and it must be that it’s explained in words and phrases the DWP guide uses for the new person looking at it uses .
The DWP have all documents submitted in the first instance including those written by a GP and psychiatrists over years but you’re told you can send in further evidence . What further evidence do they need other than those?

So now a little bit of money is reinstated to you while you’re awaiting the outcome .
Stressful ? The result could take weeks even months in some areas. This could lead to a distinct chance of the illness spiralling into a crisis situation.

Imagine after maybe weeks of waiting the feeling when you’re told the decision remains the same and why .
Believe me when I say one such letter said “ she says she suffers from Schizophrenia but the assessor saw no signs of this “
Yet the assessor had all the documentation from professionals?

You’re told once again you can appeal the decision .
So reckoning on appeals can take months to be looked at once again you’re in the queue ?
Some unfortunates by this time have lost the will to go on . They could be in such a state they relapse or even take their own lives .
The fortunate ones are those who have helpful people behind them who encourage them to stick it out because at least a doctor and a judge will be looking at this .
This then is the current system whereby gross amounts of money are being spent on these appeals which should never have come to pass .
All of this and more is because of the humongous and continuous attempts being made mostly but not exclusively by The Usual Suspects to fiddle everything that is not nailed down.

Let's look at another thing that we now have to put up with because of changes forced on us by those taking advantage of --- multiculturalism.

Flying.

When I used to use Heathrow like a bus stop all one needed do was phone an airline, in my case usually Cambrian Airways, check there was a seat available, say I'd like it then schlep down, show up, pay, get ticket and sorted.

Next stroll down to the gate, have my ticket taken, and straight on the plane. Just like that.

Then the Usual Suspects became active.

The effing about now is ridiculous but sadly necessary. You get searched, have to take your shoes off, prove your identity, have your name checked against a black list, in most cases get questioned by Special Branch, and before getting on the bloody thing go through about half the checks again.

Oh yes, no odd things like special tools or measuring devices often worth many thousands in hand baggage but now have to put in hold baggage.

Our lives have had to be changed and all sorts of checks implemented because they have to be.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
All of this and more is because of the humongous and continuous attempts being made mostly but not exclusively by The Usual Suspects to fiddle everything that is not nailed down.
Exactly! The work shy, the bone idle, the 'world owes me a living' generation of benefit scroungers have wrecked the system for those genuinely in need.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Exactly! The work shy, the bone idle, the 'world owes me a living' generation of benefit scroungers have wrecked the system for those genuinely in need.
They're a drain and do try it on but by far the worst are those who look what they can extort or extract from us as a right on the basis that it's a defacto zakat that we must be made to pay.

You guys really don't understand just what Islam is, what it means, and its aims that are dictated by the allah thing according to its inventor.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top