Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 10:53 AM

Re: Government Minister manhandles woman protester

I remember the French blowing up Rainbow Warrior.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Either him or David Gilmore's son?
Yeah could be I think Gilmore is selling off his guitars to help pay for curing climate change.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
For myself, I do understand the need to be uber-sensitive to the risk of extreme violence since terrorism has become a political tactic but nevertheless I feel that the response by Field was more raw anger and possibly even hatred than any fear of attack.
Not necessarily, it's the fight or flight response. No-one could know if this protester was armed or not so his response was that what anyone would have done. The outpourings of the left in support of this woman are sickening. Would they be supporting her if she killed someone or threw acid at them?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 11:22 AM

every so many years we have protesters over something, like the tree huggers over the motorway building or something similar. Where has it got them? nowhere, yet they still don't learn from the past. Protesting like that gets them nowhere and can actually be anti productive getting peoples backs up.
The place to protest is in the ballot box
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Climate change has been going on for millions of years and will continue going on, no matter what 'man' does to prevent it. What we are doing is speeding it up with our way of living.
Millions of years ago the whole of Europe was under a sheet of ice many miles thick. What caused that to melt if not global warming?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 11:44 AM

Just heard Mark Field has been suspended from Parliament and the Whip withdrawn over his manhandling of the woman protester.

As usual, the cowardly government would rather sacrifice someone who acted upon what was a serious security issue in which it could have been a weapon in the protestor's hands instead of papers.

To be honest, it amazes me! One minute women are protesting that they should be treated equally with men, yet the moment something like this is shown, it's convenient to be portrayed as the feeble, delicate female being manhandled by the big bad brute of a man.

If she was prepared to go ahead with her protest by trying to gain the maximum publicity, she should have been prepared for rough handling as she was ejected.

Personally, I think he was way over the top with the way he had hold of her as she was ejected out of the room, but in these dangerous times, she should be prepared for that. Just because all the women protesters were dressed in red evening dresses instead of dungarees and bomber jackets, doesn't mean they cannot cause the same carnage.

I think Mark Field has been treated disgracefully, but there you are. That is the state of play nowadays. Pandering to the guilty just to collect kudo's instead of criticism.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just heard Mark Field has been suspended from Parliament and the Whip withdrawn over his manhandling of the woman protester.

As usual, the cowardly government would rather sacrifice someone who acted upon what was a serious security issue in which it could have been a weapon in the protestor's hands instead of papers.

To be honest, it amazes me! One minute women are protesting that they should be treated equally with men, yet the moment something like this is shown, it's convenient to be portrayed as the feeble, delicate female being manhandled by the big bad brute of a man.

If she was prepared to go ahead with her protest by trying to gain the maximum publicity, she should have been prepared for rough handling as she was ejected.

Personally, I think he was way over the top with the way he had hold of her as she was ejected out of the room, but in these dangerous times, she should be prepared for that. Just because all the women protesters were dressed in red evening dresses instead of dungarees and bomber jackets, doesn't mean they cannot cause the same carnage.

I think Mark Field has been treated disgracefully, but there you are. That is the state of play nowadays. Pandering to the guilty just to collect kudo's instead of criticism.

She should have been brought down and tazered
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
For myself, I do understand the need to be uber-sensitive to the risk of extreme violence since terrorism has become a political tactic but nevertheless I feel that the response by Field was more raw anger and possibly even hatred than any fear of attack.
I do agree with this, makes you question his character as none of the others present overreacted in such a fashion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Government Minister manhandles a woman protester like a nazi Obersturmbanfuhrer !!!

Climate change protesters have disrupted Chancellor Philip Hammond's Mansion House speech.

Mr Hammond had barely started his address when the activists interrupted the black tie event in the City of London.

The disruption lasted several minutes before a slow hand clap broke out among the seated guests, and Mr Hammond got back to his feet at 9.05pm.

Greenpeace later said 40 of its activists, some of whom wore red evening dresses with sashes that read "climate emergency" had interrupted the event, which was being broadcast live on television.

In a statement, Greenpeace UK climate campaigner Areeba Hamid said: "This is a climate emergency. Business as usual is no longer an option."
I'm happy with what he did. I would have done the same. The fact that she is a female is neither here nor there seeing that we are all equal.

I remember how 'upset' you were when Jo Cox was killed, this person could also have been a killer, so it was right to eject her.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I do agree with this, makes you question his character as none of the others present overreacted in such a fashion.
Overreacted? What was he supposed to do? smile sweetly and say "Sorry Miss, you are not allowed in here, I must ask you to leave"? Because she was dressed in a pretty red evening dress was he meant to automatically assume she was not a danger, was not someone who could be capable of pulling a pin out of a hidden grenade? or have a gun hidden under the papers she was carrying? No-one knew in that precise moment in time, I think it was just a kneejerk reaction by Mark Field, and yes, he did look angry, or could it have been some fear in his action.
Whatever it was, he was the only one to intervene in that split second, the rest of them sat there like dummies.

Of course, we all know now she was a member of Greenpeace, but how on earth was Mark Field meant to know that as this woman strode along past him with the intent of what? embarrassing Hammond by perhaps throwing all those leaflets in the air and getting maximum publicity? She could have been anyone, with any intention. I give him huge kudo's for having the courage to stand up and be counted. Instead, he is being punished.

The world's going to hell in a handcart. If a genuine enemy manages to walk in a room full of politicians as she did, they will ALL just probably sit there and do nothing until it is too late, all at the expense of not wanting to be accused of offending women in one way or another.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top