Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:02 AM

Scotland and Brexit.

A new poll in the Sunday Times today, a win for Boris Johnston would result in a spike for a yes vote for Scottish Independence and a increased vote share in the Holyrood and Westminster elections for the SNP. Add to that the facts that Boris and Farage are toxic up here and that 63% of the Tory membership are said to think the break up of the UK is a price worth paying for Brexit, I’m going to put my tin hat on and ask the Brexiteers on here the question;

Do you think the break up of the current UK is a price you are willing to pay for a hard Brexit?.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Re: Scotland and Brexit.

It's a non question and one that's only being promoted by Nationalists..

The survey of less than 900 Tory members was a poisoned chalice and designed to create division.

So, for example , if I said to you would you prefer your house to burn down or the dog's home to burn down , You might choose the dog's home.

Does that mean you hate dogs and want to see the Dog's home burn down?

Of course not.

The choice of Scotland OR Brexit isn't valid as we are all part of the UK and there is no plan in place or legal requisite for another Indy Ref and no amount of squawking from those dedicated to breaking up the Union changes thatt.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Good post Moscow, weed's just stirring. And let's not forget that if Scotland left the Union it would automatically leave the EU as we're only in as part of the UK.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
A new poll in the Sunday Times today, a win for Boris Johnston would result in a spike for a yes vote for Scottish Independence and a increased vote share in the Holyrood and Westminster elections for the SNP. Add to that the facts that Boris and Farage are toxic up here and that 63% of the Tory membership are said to think the break up of the UK is a price worth paying for Brexit, I’m going to put my tin hat on and ask the Brexiteers on here the question;

Do you think the break up of the current UK is a price you are willing to pay for a hard Brexit?.
I can't see how Scotland would be better off outside the UK weedeek. 60% of our trade is with the rest of the UK. Only 18% with the rest of Europe. Our biggest single international market is the USA.
https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Statist...ESSPublication
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I can't see how Scotland would be better off outside the UK weedeek. 60% of our trade is with the rest of the UK. Only 18% with the rest of Europe. Our biggest single international market is the USA.
https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Statist...ESSPublication
Yes, why should you leave a union that is beneficial to your country, even if most of the important issues concerning your country are decided in another city.
You see of course the analogy between EU/UK/brussels and UK/scotland/london?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Yes, why should you leave a union that is beneficial to your country, even if most of the important issues concerning your country are decided in another city.
You see of course the analogy between EU/UK/brussels and UK/scotland/london?
I think I would still prefer Westminster over Brussels Solasch. That gives an indication of what I think of Donald Tusk and co Incidentally I considered abstaining in the EU referendum as I am 81 years old and the result won't affect me. In the end I voted remain but in another referendum I would definitely vote out.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Ohhhh Brother.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	face palm.png
Views:	63
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	9973  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ohhhh Brother.
...,,same old same old
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I think I would still prefer Westminster over Brussels Solasch. That gives an indication of what I think of Donald Tusk and co Incidentally I considered abstaining in the EU referendum as I am 81 years old and the result won't affect me. In the end I voted remain but in another referendum I would definitely vote out.
If that is the criterium you vote on? Remember by the time of your next referendum tusk will have "abdicated".
scot37
Aberdeenshire

23-06-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If that is the criterium you vote on? Remember by the time of your next referendum tusk will have "abdicated".
I think I will leave it to my grandchildren the next time Solasch By the way I am surprised that someone from the Netherlands spends so much time on the brexit threads.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top