Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:15 AM

Re: Salads

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
That peanut dressing sounds wonderful Keezoy.

Oh it is Bratti. Try it. You would be able to relate to the Maple Syrup part of it I'm sure.
Yes indeed. I think I will. Maple syrup and all.
Thank you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:05 PM

This is a great thread. I have never thought of having sweetheart cabbage raw. I don't know why but I have always had it cooked. So I will have to try that coleslaw recipe.

A really nice filling salad is chopped tomatoes, sliced cooked potatoes, chopped avocado and a little salad onion, with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Also good with tinned tuna if you eat it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 09:46 AM

I'm with Annie here. I like my salads to have bulk and a wide variety of yummy ingredients rather than just the usual salad ingredients. It's all about adding tang and taste imho.

My salad would look like this:

A base of:

Bed of little gem or romaine lettuce leaves
Sliced radishes
Yellow pepper
Spring Onions
Sliced cucumber
Cherry tomatoes halved

Then piled on top:

A few warm boiled potatoes crushed
Half a pack of serrano ham grilled to be crispy
A few small balls of buffalo mozarella
A few char grilled artichokes (from a large jar bought at CostCo)
An avocado chopped (I know you don't like this sorry)
A little bit of classic basil pesto splattered all over

Occasionally I will swap the ham and mozarella for a load of peppered smoked mackerel.

Bulk and good flavoursome elements are the key imho.

Otherwise salads are bland and leave you hungry and reaching for snacks soon afterward.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top