Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Re: Whose Face Would You Like To Slap?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And anyone banging on about climate change.....WAKE UP!
Wake up to what? Climate change is real and is being severely worsened by human activity.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Wake up to what? Climate change is real and is being severely worsened by human activity.
yeah, I agree climate change is real but it's just the circle of life, I agree it is worsened by mankind but it can't be halted, slowed down maybe. No amount of worrying or panicking will stop the inevitable.

Mankind was the worst creation ever.

Que Sera Sera
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:25 PM

I have never slapped, or had the desire to slap anyone, however I can think of at least one person I would like to punch in the nose.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I have never slapped, or had the desire to slap anyone, however I can think of at least one person I would like to punch in the nose.
I wondered why my nose was hurting
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yeah, I agree climate change is real but it's just the circle of life, I agree it is worsened by mankind but it can't be halted, slowed down maybe. No amount of worrying or panicking will stop the inevitable.

Mankind was the worst creation ever.

Que Sera Sera
Setting aside the belief in creation what is taking place today is destroying the mechanism that addressed and resolved any cyclical climate change in the past.

But there ARE things that each and every one of us can and should be doing.

Every little helps that reduces our footprint on the biosphere no matter how apparently trivial.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 06:20 PM

The Earth is a natural self-regulating ecosystem, each species of plant and animal life all play their part in keeping that ecosystem going whether it's herbivores keeping grasses and plants spreading unchecked, predatory animals feeding on the herbivores thus keeping their numbers down, or insects feeding on the carcasses of dead animals and thus return them to the earth to supply nutrients for new plant life.

The biggest help the planet could get is to remove the infestation that is the human species. Most species adapt to their environment whereas, humans adapt their environment to suit them. Humans have no natural predators so breed and spread like a cancer across the earth. `Mother Earth` occasionally tries to eradicate the human infestation by introducing infection and disease but those are combatted with new medications and so humans continue to breed unchecked adding further to environmental problems.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The Earth is a natural self-regulating ecosystem, each species of plant and animal life all play their part in keeping that ecosystem going whether it's herbivores keeping grasses and plants spreading unchecked, predatory animals feeding on the herbivores thus keeping their numbers down, or insects feeding on the carcasses of dead animals and thus return them to the earth to supply nutrients for new plant life.

The biggest help the planet could get is to remove the infestation that is the human species. Most species adapt to their environment whereas, humans adapt their environment to suit them. Humans have no natural predators so breed and spread like a cancer across the earth. `Mother Earth` occasionally tries to eradicate the human infestation by introducing infection and disease but those are combatted with new medications and so humans continue to breed unchecked adding further to environmental problems.

Well said Judd, that is exactly how I feel too, only you have put it so much better.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-12-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

The self ballance process is being destroyed. Release of assorted toxins, many of them exotic, over fishing of selected species, desertification, and so much more have created a unique situation that has never ocoured before based on the fossil record.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Setting aside the belief in creation what is taking place today is destroying the mechanism that addressed and resolved any cyclical climate change in the past.

But there ARE things that each and every one of us can and should be doing.

Every little helps that reduces our footprint on the biosphere no matter how apparently trivial.
I agree Todgy but I still stand by we can't stop it completely, just halt it. It won't happen in my time I don't think but I think something major will happen in years to come.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree Todgy but I still stand by we can't stop it completely, just halt it. It won't happen in my time I don't think but I think something major will happen in years to come.

I have thought the same, Queenie.

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top