Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 05:16 PM

My allotment - some pictures

Jumbo pink banana squash

PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Re: My allotment - some pictures

Spaghetti squash

PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

11-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Overview of the plot (more work needs doing ie raised beds and chicken house is not in view)

Top right is my 3 sisters planting - I already have several cobs forming
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

11-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Todays harvest:

Braised lettuce with peas and mint are on the menu today with ratatouille and roast pork. The coriander and chillies are for tomorrow's curry. The sweet peas are a bit disappointing - not many flowers
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

11-07-2010, 05:59 PM

FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 06:14 PM

Wow, that's a very productive patch you have there PPH.

At the risk of getting a slap, may I ask what you do with those monster squashes? I don't know those and are they like giant marrows or am I on the wrong track altogether?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 06:14 PM

Looks fantastic PPH - what time shall we all pop round for dinner?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 06:27 PM

What a fantastic crop, PPH - I would also be interested to know how you use the squashes and if the different varieties differ much in taste ....
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

11-07-2010, 07:42 PM

Fay and Mags I have no idea what to do with the squash yet - this is my first year growing them - possibly a risotto or curry. The spaghetti squash - again I don't know - never had it or even seen it, I shall google for recipes.

Azz - you had better be quick - it will go quick. The ratatouille is excellent if I do say so myself. It must be the freshness of the ingredients. Even the onions and garlic were growing a few hours ago.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

11-07-2010, 07:50 PM

Also, it is a productive patch already and I haven't even cultivated a quarter of it yet. I am so excited about the possibilities in the years to come.

It is a shame my shed has been burgled for the third time.
I have removed everything of interest to potential thieves and removed the lock. If they want chicken food or fleece and netting, they can take it. grrrrr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top