Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Re: Who doesn't own a cat or a dog on here?

Originally Posted by Juleea ->
I don't. The idea of one animal owning another animal..and putting restrictions on its life just seems ethically wrong.
Unfortunately nature does not take this view Juleea, it's survival of the fittest. Try telling grumpy farmer Giles they are not his chicken's... When Maddie the cat starts paying the mortgage and energy bills she can sit where she likes, until then.....My House! My Rules!...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
How do you know that is a kitchen worktop, Mags?
The kettle might be on the floor and those cupboards could be miniature 'cat cupboards' at the cat's eye-level
Obviously you didn't watch the video Floydy, or you would have spotted the full size microwave and toaster on an adjacent worktop.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
People who live in glass houses don't throw stones.
People who live in glass houses
Should draw the blinds
Before removing their trouses

(SM)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:22 AM

I don't. The idea of one animal owning another animal..and putting restrictions on its life just seems ethically wrong.
Until mine can open a can and feed them selves they will always be cared for by their humans. In many ways they own us more than we own them. When I think of a dog free life I know it would be worse for them and us. It's a symbiotic relationship not one owning another imo
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:29 AM

SERIOUSLY?

I mean REALLY?

A domesticated animal, even one like Snot - a feral beast that decided to become domesticated, becomes quite literally a member of the family.
Tr1sh
UK
Tr1sh is female  Tr1sh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:09 PM

I will wait until I have retired and have the time to care for and enjoy having a dog or cat - or both. One thing I am certain of, when the time comes, I will adopt and not shop.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
People who live in glass houses
Should draw the blinds
Before removing their trouses

(SM)
I was commenting on your lack of punctuation while lambasting others for theirs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I was commenting on your lack of punctuation while lambasting others for theirs.
I know but, to be honest, I don't care about your opinion, it is totally irrelevant. Assman claimed he asked a particular question when it was quite clear that he didn't.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 04:43 AM

Over the years Tony & I have had quite a few animals - several cats, chickens, a nanny goat and briefly a puppy.

Tony was at work of course & the puppy was too much for me to cope with. I'd just had a baby & it was pooping all over the carpet. We gave him away to someone who had more time for him. We never bothered with another dog after that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 04:46 AM

I agree!

I wonder if my four dogs will ever set me free?

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top