Join for free
Page 20 of 39 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:52 PM

Re: The Oprah Interview: Prince Harry and Meghan

Archie: Why is Meghan and Harry's son not a prince?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56325934

In her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Duchess of Sussex said that when she was pregnant, there were conversations about her future child's status, including what title he or she should receive.

"They were saying they didn't want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol," she said.
What does royal protocol say?

The rules about who gets to be a prince and also be referred to as his royal highness (HRH) come from a letter patent issued by King George V in November 1917.

Letters patent are legal instruments which may take the form of an open letter from the monarch. They may be used for royal declarations or the granting of titles such as peerages.

In the 1917 letter, George V declared that the great-grandchildren of the monarch would no longer be princes or princesses, except for the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales.

In our current situation, that means that Prince George automatically became a prince, but not Archie, even though they are both great-grandsons of the Queen.

Under this protocol, Prince George's siblings - Charlotte and Louis - would not have received the title either.

But in December 2012, the Queen also issued a letter patent which said that all of Prince William's children would be entitled to be princes or princesses and get the HRH title.

What about Archie's title?

According to the 1917 letter, Archie is entitled to become a prince - but not yet.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's children would have to wait until Prince Charles became king, at which point they would be the grandchildren of the monarch and hence entitled to be princes or princesses.

That is why Prince Andrew's daughters - Beatrice and Eugenie - were princesses from birth, but why Eugenie's baby son, August, is not a prince.

The Duchess of Sussex was clearly aware of the protocol.
She referred in the interview to a "George V or George VI convention" that would mean her son Archie would become a prince "when Harry's dad becomes king".

But she went on to say that she had been told when she was pregnant that "they want to change the convention for Archie" so he would not become a prince.
She did not give any more details about this and Buckingham Palace has not commented on her claims.
That's just one example of Markle as a manipulative liar - she knew the truth but distorted the facts to suit her "racist victim" narrative ......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I like the safari socks bit Keezoy 😃😃
But at least they have a purpose?
They let your knees get brown, and also protect your legs from spider
and scorpion bites !!
Whereas the royals seem to be purposeless, especially the Arry &
Meg duo!!
But as you say, it is our cross to bear
I tend to pity them actually as nobody chooses their parents do they ?
Arry is over 40 yrs old now and l think he should have outgrown all
his childhood perceptions by now?
Anyway , good luck with with the royal watching , I'm going back
to Eurosport replays now it's all we've got over here !!

Donkeyman! 👎😭😭👎
Donkeyman, You say Harry is over 40 years old! Talk about ‘Fake News’!
He’s only 36 years old!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I will make a point of watching it.
Why Surely anyone with more than two brain cells would be able to see that watching two adults behaving like petulant teenagers is not worth the time to watch.

I despise these brainless media followers it's all so petty.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Donkeyman, You say Harry is over 40 years old! Talk about ‘Fake News’!
He’s only 36 years old!
There you have it! It’s a younger generation thing
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hurrah!

They (TV) are saying that over 11 million watched the show last night!

That means that, something like, 60 million Didn't!

Good for them!

Ted, Is that all?
Those figures aren’t as high as l thought they might be. Sounds like it was a bit of a flop in the uk then?
Does that figure include recordings of it?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:15 PM

So, do you have any ideas on the name they’ll select for their baby girl?
I’m thinking Diana!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Megan has a toy boy...I never watched it because I don’t have a tv license....I wish them all the best in their future, she’s also expecting a baby girl, awwwww!!

I wonder if it was conceived naturally or by Intervention. ,you can choose the sex of your baby...I hear.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:19 PM

Megan is an actress and she had a plan, she came to this country looking for a rich man to marry, she was introduced to Harry who fell head over heels, everytime they were together, she wasn't just holding his hand, she was clinging on to him like a limpet, then came the wedding, now she'd have a title but Megan's plan was not to stay in the royal family, she likes her freedom, she knows how Harry feels about the way his mother was treated so what better way to get him to leave the royals and move to her neck of the woods, than to talk about being unhappy, suicidal thoughts, wanting to live a normal life, and she got what she wanted, only they're never out of the news, play acting what she does best
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
So, do you have any ideas on the name they’ll select for their baby girl?
I’m thinking Diana!

Poo Bag?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I watched it after taping the programme, so I could whizz through the adverts. It was like watching Meg giving a speech at the Oscars. All emotions were on show, my dear husband, the nasty "Firm", my suicidal thoughts, blatant racism, no one asking, "Are you ok?". God! it was toe curling stuff! Then they brought on the supporting act. He came out with guff about how they were'nt supported, even by his old man Charlie. Just one whinge after another. Not a peep from Oprah, about Meg's dysfunctional family, particularly her father. We are well rid of the pair of them!
I agree completely.
I believe that Meagain is the root cause of the problem; Harry is just an easily-led dope.

Page 20 of 39 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top