Join for free
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Music over films

I have just been trying to watch light fields which i have taped over the last few weeks for wet days like today.
But its being spoilt by the volume of the music they play over top of people speaking ...I cant hear the words and have had to turn it up past the volume i normally have it , the music is not only loud but terrible music and adds nothing to the film... also im being blasted out of my seat each time the ads come on... why do they do that does any one enjoy it ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Re: Music over films

Ggrrrr No !... No idea why they do that, the composer must have some clout tho'
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I have just been trying to watch light fields which i have taped over the last few weeks for wet days like today.
But its being spoilt by the volume of the music they play over top of people speaking ...I cant hear the words and have had to turn it up past the volume i normally have it , the music is not only loud but terrible music and adds nothing to the film... also im being blasted out of my seat each time the ads come on... why do they do that does any one enjoy it ?

One word: subtitles
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2013, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
This sometimes happens to me and I find, I have inadvertently enabled the Subwoofer on the remote control, it is an age related thing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Many a good 'old movie' was ruined by the invasive over the top music, even Bette Davis made her feelings known about that !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Yes, sadly it is all too common nowadays. I was in another room when my tv was on and couldn't get to it. The music was just awful, with much shouting from the cast, and it went on forever! I got to the tv just as the film was ending. It was the Goonies.

I sometimes turn off a film thinking 'well I'm glad I never watched that in a cinema.' I'd have walked out.

I don't always think subtitles are the answer as they can go badly wrong, making no sense. And they give an edited version of the dialogue anyway, so you don't get to hear every word being said.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Yea - modern films are worse, not only loud music but 'noisy actors' Ridic
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Not just films, I am sometimes driven crazy by that piano going 'boyng boyng boyng' over documenaries.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Very bloomin true....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top