Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:17 PM

Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)

A lovely 18yr old young lady in my family has just been diagnosed with this awful disease and I made the mistake of googling for information. Does anyone have anything to say to give me hope please.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Re: Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)

have you read any literature on it EZ? it may help to search for information if you really want to know more about it, sorry I can't comment as it's beyond my scope but in the past I've prayed to God and things have worked out, I'm not religious but I do believe in Him xx
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:38 PM

Hi Honey. Thank you for your comments. Yes there have been a good many prayers but not from me. There is much info online but very little gives much hope. She is having Chemo therapy currently.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:39 PM

not heard of the illness before ,but it says its a rare illness .i would look for a support group, sometimes when we google an illness we get mostly the negatives bad news ,,
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:40 PM

you need to think positive EZ and talk about it whether to family or friends, believe me it helps
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-07-2014, 10:48 PM

We are a very large and very close family and always rally round on such occasions but this has really knocked us sideways.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

01-07-2014, 10:50 PM

of course it has and it's to be expected but you WILL gain strength by sticking together and sharing your feelings
HLH
New Member!
United States
HLH is female 

01-07-2014, 11:20 PM

This web page an HLH question popped up in my google search that sends new reports on HLH to my email. My husband was diagnosed at 27 in 2012 and is a survivor. www.ericsjourney.org ---Though it remains serious , much of the info online is skewed. In short it's a blood disease similar to leukemia that's treated with steroids chemotherapy and bone marrow transplants depending on it's activity and each patient differs.

I am also a board member for Liam's Ligthouse Foundation. I only created an account to reply to you. Please email me at amanda@liamslighthousefoundation.org for more information and resources to pass onto the family if they haven't found them already.

Thanks
Amanda
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:24 PM

Just read about it, I've never heard of it! Hope everything goes well & the treatment works, it said chemo and possibly bone marrow transplant, I wonder if they have a stem-cell treatment. There's something new being developed all the time. x
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-07-2014, 11:25 PM

Hi Amanda. Many thanks for contacting me. I will pass on your info to the parents. I know they have already been in contact with an online help and advice organisation. It may even be the one you mention. Thank you so much.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top