Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:06 AM

Re: Dental Implants

I will be going full denture in the fall.. I already have worn a full bottom plate for the last 7 years. So I don't anticipate a problem in my case. But each person must decide what is best for them. If you want to do it.. then go for it.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:53 PM

I just had another thought about implants. I don't know this as a fact, but it seems to follow a logical path. The mouth is the filthiest part of the body. It is rife with bacteria. Now you add a foreign body penetrating into the gum and imbedded in a bone. The body tends to try to either reject, or move away from foreign material So what stops all that bacteria from slithering down the implant post and into the jaw bone to set up shop under the name of Osteomyelitis? Not sure.. Just a thought.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Same with crowns I guess, may be a good idea after brushing, to sloosh with salted water ........
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:34 PM

Yes and it was worth every penny
AudreyII
USA

07-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Same with crowns I guess, may be a good idea after brushing, to sloosh with salted water ........
I don't see crowns the same as implants though. crowns sit on the tooth on top of the gumline.. They do not extend through the gum way down deep into the jawbone. Like I said.. I don't know for sure, but the idea of a highway leading down into a bone to my way of thinking is asking for trouble. Food and bacteria can find its way under the gum and down the post is all I am thinking.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Yep - that's true, do have a post though and sometimes have a slight gap, or feels that way .......
AudreyII
USA

07-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yep - that's true, do have a post though and sometimes have a slight gap, or feels that way .......
Yes.. but the post of a Crown goes down into the tooth, then the crown is cemented over it.. at least that's what I've always thought.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-07-2014, 03:49 PM

Oh I cant go on - hate dentistry - puts me teeth on edge ........
AudreyII
USA

07-07-2014, 04:49 PM

I feel the same... Full denture... no more dentists for me..unless I drop them.. lol!! that's a plus I think.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2014, 01:22 AM

My friend told me she wishes she never decided on dentures ...
She was a heavy smoker and drank loads of coffee ..
Her teeth where badly stained ...
She got them clean constantly at the dentist .. her teeth still look terrible ..
I have another friend who teeth are loose ...
Some one told her if her tooth falls out it will hurt badly ...
I can't see it hurting her .. does anyone know if that is true ..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top