Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:47 PM

Re: Frack Off!

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
It hasn't.
It? More than one = "They"............and - yes they have and so has their severity!

Do you have financial interests with the fracking company by any chance?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH............far more so than you I believe and I conclude we MUST NOT get fracking.

Renewable energy is the way to go...........solar, tidal, wind!
Climate change IS HERE ALREADY........fossil fuels is NOT the way to go!
Well I live not a million miles from Blackpool and fracking in that area doesn't concern me in the least.

As for renewable energy, at my time of life I am not in the least bit bothered if the authorities kow tow to the eco-warriors and continue to close down conventional energy generation methods.

If they think that wind power, tidal and especially solar will meed our (ever increasing) needs in the future, they're going to be disappointed.

If things continue along those lines it will not be too many years before people begin to experience black-outs and power cuts. I remember one or two of those when I was much younger, and it will happen like it or not.

Then, of course, we have that trendy idea, electric powered vehicles. All of this additional electricity requirement is going to be met by windmills?
After electric vehicles will come horses and carts, but at least some people's consciences will be clear!

The only interesting thing is how long it will be before the eco-warriors are proved wrong.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:59 PM

It's sad when proving anything comes at a cost.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:00 PM

JBR - your post isn't worthy of reply
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:01 PM

Do you have financial interests with the fracking company by any chance?
No, just a degree in Geology, an understanding of seismology and experience of the drilling industry.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:01 PM

JBR - your post isn't worthy of reply
Yet I'm polite enough to reply to yours.

Your choice.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Nuclear energy is the only way to go, all the other ways are just window dressing.
I an advocate of that technology. The main limitation is that the power station output can't be changed very quickly. If you look at the National Grid status, nuclear output is pretty much dead level on daily, weekly, and monthly time frames at about 5.8GW.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

26-10-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
No, just a degree in Geology, an understanding of seismology and experience of the drilling industry.
So not an expert in seismology? Are you aware that fracking, drills horizontally for up to two and a half miles?

Any experience of environmental studies and climate change? Any ideas about the profitability or otherwise of fracking? Any ideas on the winners and the losers and the politics behind fracking............

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a8582666.html

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es4046154

https://www.bmj.com/content/361/bmj.k2397/rr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enviro...lic_fracturing
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:53 PM

Are you aware that fracking, drills horizontally for up to two and a half miles?
Well the deepest well I was involved in was 25000 feet but I have no experience of mass hysteria inspired by tree huggers.
Ray Cathode

26-10-2018, 10:57 PM

So not an expert in seismology? Are you aware that fracking, drills horizontally for up to two and a half miles?
Yes and I would expect the fracturing to show up as very low impact earth movements.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top