Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Irony

I thought this might be a good subject for a new game . . . just think of something ironic and post it here.

I'll kick off by saying I built a greenhouse last year to grow tomatoes . . . now I can't eat them because of IBS . . how ironic is that ?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Re: Irony

Thirty years ago I worked beside a chap who was a bit of a ladies man . . . he was married with 2 kids too . . . he was a professional football player, need I say more.

Anyways, he decide to get e vasectome done so he did'nt need to wear condoms . . . this was in the early eighties when Aids was just beginning to spread . . . . yep, you're right, he had to start wearing condoms again . . . how ironic is that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 04:04 PM

I've been having a problem with the new computer: page not centered and type size fluctuating wildly from teeny to huge; so I have a tech guy coming by this afternoon to fix it. So ...... everything is centered and normal sized now all by itself; nothing I did. How ironic is that?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I've been having a problem with the new computer: page not centered and type size fluctuating wildly from teeny to huge; so I have a tech guy coming by this afternoon to fix it. So ...... everything is centered and normal sized now all by itself; nothing I did. How ironic is that?
DM, modern laptops have a touch sensitive touchpad, when you place your finger on the touchpad if another finger makes contact with it then the touchpad could interpret it as a double touch, similar to a touch screen where you can reduce the picture by placing two finger on the screen and squeezing them together or drawing them apart, also they could make your double touch zoom in, maybe this could be the problem, I am not saying it is just maybe.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Hi, it's a desktop, AB. I have a wireless mouse which was very skittery, but I got a new mouse pad, and a friend told me how to slow down the mouse in Systems Preferences, so it's not too bad now.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 05:11 PM

Oops, sorry DM I thought it was an Apple laptop.

Not knowing much about the Apple OS I am not sure what is causing it.
I know Microsoft Vista used to have a similar problem with the screen resolution, there was a conflict with DX and windows media player system. Also if the display was set for two monitors not one the same thing happened.

If your tech guy cant fix it I sugget that you take it back to the place you got it from, it will still be under the warranty.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

23-07-2011, 07:05 PM

The tech guy is due any minute, he's supposed to be here at 2 pm. Hopefully all these little niggling things can be fixed; nothing major, but stuff that's annoying. Appreciate your caring and offering solutions.
ruby
lancashire
ruby is female  ruby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 11:08 PM

How ironic to own a Hosepipe when the only time you need to use it there is usually a Hosepipe ban because there has been no rain.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top