Join for free
Page 10 of 25 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:00 PM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
According to that source:

"Barnier's briefing to envoys came after certain member states -- notably France and the Netherlands -- expressed concerns that the EU negotiation team was giving in too much to UK demands."

Are we making any demands? First I've heard of it!

As far as I'm aware, we are simply insisting on becoming an independent sovereign state after the end of the year. That is all we are 'demanding'.

It's the Frogs who are doing all the demanding: demanding that we continue to leave them the majority of our fishing area rights, demanding that we follow their 'level playing field' rules, demanding that we remain subject to ECJ rulings, and demanding that we effectively hand over Northern Ireland to their control.

They have a bit of a nerve, but then it is a French web site.
Typical Frogs TBH.

This just published from Boris:
“It’s about making sure that the UK is able to run its own laws, its own fisheries, and so on, and that’s fundamentally what it’s what it’s all about.”

Yup.
You make sure you stick to that and we'll be fine.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN28C2TO?il=0
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You seem not to know your own history.

Taken from Wiki

"The Australian republic referendum held on 6 November 1999 was a two-question referendum to amend the Constitution of Australia. The first question asked whether Australia should become a republic with a President appointed by Parliament following a bi-partisan appointment model which had been approved by a half-elected, half-appointed Constitutional Convention held in Canberra in February 1998. The second question, generally deemed to be far less important politically, asked whether Australia should alter the Constitution to insert a preamble. For some years opinion polls had suggested that a majority of the electorate favoured a republic.[3] Nonetheless, the republic referendum was defeated, partly due to division among republicans on the method proposed for selection of the president and dissident republicans subsequently supporting the no campaign."
Oh Gawd - Note the highlighted words in the passage you quoted. Sure we had a referendum on changing the constitution to become a republic, but we did not vote to become a republic, we in fact voted to stay as a constitutional monarchy.

Get it now?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Thank you for saving me from wasting even more electrons.
Isn't it remarkable the lengths that those who hate the thought of Brexit will go to just in order to confirm their personal bias?
Even if they live on the other side of planet Earth!

Oh for goodness sake it is like dealing with children and their tantrums.

I voted "NO" in the 1975 referendum. Did you?

It is of no consequence to me whether the UK leaves the EU or not but as part of this forum I can and will comment on some of the more ridiculous statements you make. Especially the xenophobic comments about leaders of other institutions, so if you think making personal comments about me deters me then think again - water off a duck's back.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh Gawd - Note the highlighted words in the passage you quoted. Sure we had a referendum on changing the constitution to become a republic, but we did not vote to become a republic, we in fact voted to stay as a constitutional monarchy.

Get it now?
My I remind you what you wrote.

Just because the vote to become a republic was defeated does not mean the vote never happened.

"When did Australia ever vote to become a republic??

Certainly not in 1999 or indeed any year. Why would we want to? We have a head of state that costs us nothing because you people pay for her and who has absolutely no effect on our democracy (Yes, we are a democracy which elects both houses of our Parliament unlike a certain European country)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 07:27 AM

Ultimatums will be history in four weeks time.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh for goodness sake it is like dealing with children and their tantrums.

I voted "NO" in the 1975 referendum. Did you?

It is of no consequence to me whether the UK leaves the EU or not but as part of this forum I can and will comment on some of the more ridiculous statements you make. Especially the xenophobic comments about leaders of other institutions, so if you think making personal comments about me deters me then think again - water off a duck's back.
You're making an awful lot of noise for someone who says they are not concerned.

Those "more ridiculous" statements I make happen to be in response to your own lies and misdirections.
If you do not like the replies I give, it might help you if you don't post such "ridiculous statements" yourself in the first place.
It might also help you not to receive those "personal comments" if you do not again instigate the occurrence such as saying I write "drivel".
We can see you felt hurt, but there is no need to insult and we can all see that you are guilty of initiating the very thing you accuse others of.

Perhaps you should go have another tinnie and ponder the error of your own ways before launching a hypocritical attack on those innocently correcting your errors, as the post by galty also admirably demonstrates.
Your overt sarcasm to his previous and accurate reply can be seen by everybody too you know.

You can't expect to post blatant deception and expect not to get replies that you won't like.

As Monsewer Barmier is finding out with Brexit negotiations; if you state the unreasonable you will get a negative response.
That is why there is still no agreement there.
As Gavin Williamson said this morning on Sky:
"“If such a deal isn’t available then we’re not going to sign up to something that is to our detriment.”
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN28D0RR

Oh and BTW, xenophobia has nothing whatsoever to do with pointing out the obvious flaws in somebody's character.
Even an Australian dictionary surely explains what a xenophobe is and since I have more French blood running through my veins than English .......................

(But more Scottish than any other. )
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-12-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ultimatums will be history in four weeks time.
Gawd I hope so.
As we get closer to the end it will get worse too, I suspect.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 10:24 AM

Hi

We know we are leaving Transition in 4 weeks time.

We have already left the EU.

We are out, on what terms I do not know.

Boris is still following the Cummings Game Plan on negotiations.

We will know soon if it is succesful.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-12-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We know we are leaving Transition in 4 weeks time.

We have already left the EU.

We are out, on what terms I do not know.

Boris is still following the Cummings Game Plan on negotiations.

We will know soon if it is succesful.
Just one thing: Boris hired Cummings.
You did know that?
So Cummings was following the Boris plan.
That's why our stance on Brexit negotiations has remained the same after Cummings had left No.10.

Otherwise
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Just one thing: Boris hired Cummings.
You did know that?
So Cummings was following the Boris plan.
That's why our stance on Brexit negotiations has remained the same after Cummings had left No.10.

Otherwise
Hi

Yes, I worked directly for Boris for a while during the Olympics.

When the Security went wrong with Group 4.

Never worked for Cummings.

I know people who have, I would not have lasted minutes

I know my old job and as a blunt Yorkshireman I would have been out.

Such is life, no great loss.

It was May who got rid of me.

I am quite proud of that.

Both sides hated me.

Page 10 of 25 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top