Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 12:21 PM

Re: Brexit

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Very good question Mondeey, ( welcome, by BTW!)
I Think we should be evaluating our membership of NATO as
it is highly likely we shall need to call on their services in the very
near future if Dutch & French fishermen, tacitly supported by
their governments and the eu pontifs, take it into their heads to
force entry into british territory?
Bread has allready laid out a scenario which is not unlikely at all?
Myself , l see it quite likely that the entire eu fishing fleet will be
mobilised for this purpose? Like Dunkirk in reverse !!
The question then is,what do we about it?
Do we react ourselves, as in the Falklands ?
Or do we request Nato assistance ?
Can we rely on nato??

Many things to to think about??
Obviously, it would be pointless relying on the EU members of NATO. As for others, Canada is a vague possibility but America under Bidet? Unlikely, as he is clearly anti-British. If Trump returns, though, things would be different.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Very good question Mondeey, ( welcome, by BTW!)
I Think we should be evaluating our membership of NATO as
it is highly likely we shall need to call on their services in the very
near future if Dutch & French fishermen, tacitly supported by
their governments and the eu pontifs, take it into their heads to
force entry into british territory?
Bread has allready laid out a scenario which is not unlikely at all?
Myself , l see it quite likely that the entire eu fishing fleet will be
mobilised for this purpose? Like Dunkirk in reverse !!
The question then is,what do we about it?
Do we react ourselves, as in the Falklands ?
Or do we request Nato assistance ?
Can we rely on nato??
Many things to to think about??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

I don't think it will get to that DM, but I do think that unlicensed foreign vessels fishing our waters will be fined heavily for poaching under the laws under UNCLOS.

It's already happened with Spain and Canada when the Spanish trawler Estai was caught fishing illegally in the Canadian EEZ in the 90's.

Now, here is an interesting coincidence when Boris went over to Brussels for dinner on Wednesday this week. Remember the turbot that they had for dinner ?

The media should have picked up on this - I think that I could be only one of the few that did....

Read on ....

https://britishseafishing.co.uk/the-turbot-war/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I don't think it will get to that DM, but I do think that unlicensed foreign vessels fishing our waters will be fined heavily for poaching under the laws under UNCLOS.

It's already happened with Spain and Canada when the Spanish trawler Estai was caught fishing illegally in the Canadian EEZ in the 90's.

Now, here is an interesting coincidence when Boris went over to Brussels for dinner on Wednesday this week. Remember the turbot that they had for dinner ?

The media should have picked up on this - I think that I could be only one of the few that did....

Read on ....

https://britishseafishing.co.uk/the-turbot-war/
What a very interesting article, and encouraging should the Frogs try it on in our waters after the end of the year.

If the Canadians could do it, I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. I sincerely hope that Boris has the guts to do the same if necessary.

And here was an excellent example of how NATO nations could fall dangerously close to war, re. the discussion on that subject elsewhere.

As the Spanish did, the Frogs could conceivably send armed vessels into our waters to attempt to protect their fishermen. For that reason, we need to have the necessary warships ready and waiting to enter our sea areas to oppose them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What a very interesting article, and encouraging should the Frogs try it on in our waters after the end of the year.

If the Canadians could do it, I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. I sincerely hope that Boris has the guts to do the same if necessary.

And here was an excellent example of how NATO nations could fall dangerously close to war, re. the discussion on that subject elsewhere.

As the Spanish did, the Frogs could conceivably send armed vessels into our waters to attempt to protect their fishermen. For that reason, we need to have the necessary warships ready and waiting to enter our sea areas to oppose them.

I get the impression from the "turbot" given to Boris that the EU are basically saying that if any member state fishes illegally in UK waters, then the EU will support them.

I just posted this on Facebook on a fishing site and its getting shared an awful lot..... we are watching, Boris !!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-12-2020, 03:09 PM

I get the impression from the "turbot" given to Boris that the EU are basically saying that if any member state fishes illegally in UK waters, then the EU will support them.

I just posted this on Facebook on a fishing site and its getting shared an awful lot..... we are watching, Boris !!
Well they've had 40 years of our being weak and submissive, so I can imagine that they've learnt to expect the same next year. I do hope they're in for a shock.

And Boris, don't you dare play the white man.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Interesting statements by Le Pen.

She is more in tune with the UK than the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZcjdLnfjVU
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 04:08 PM

- Snip -

If you look at 4 examples, the Falklands (although this is an exception), Bosnia, Kuwait (which has a NATO agreement) and 9/11 you can see the poor performance of EU member states in defending other NATO members when under attack.

- Snip -

The Falklands was defended by the UK only because the UK has such military force we did it on our own and did not invoke Article 5 (or article 6 ?) which would have called upon other member states to assist.

- Snip -
If I remember correctly, we had help from the USA but only as far as satellite data and imagery were concerned. The Frogs supplied the Argies with Exocet missiles and Dassault Mirage fighter aircraft.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting statements by Le Pen.

She is more in tune with the UK than the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZcjdLnfjVU
' Many French think Le Pen better than Macron too.
"The 42-year-old president and Le Pen are neck and neck in the survey, with other politicians far behind, 18 months ahead of the 2022 elections, the poll showed. Macron would get 23%-26% of votes in the first round, versus 24%-27% for Le Pen, according to the survey. '
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elections-poll
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If I remember correctly, we had help from the USA but only as far as satellite data and imagery were concerned. The Frogs supplied the Argies with Exocet missiles and Dassault Mirage fighter aircraft.
Yes Percy, we can always rely on the Frogs to be against us !!
Remember Dunkirk when they tried to trap our army in france by
surrendering to the krauts immediately they crossed the border?
And then co-operating with the Nazis by assisting them to build
U Boats in france??
JBR is quite right about them !!

Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-12-2020, 10:03 PM

Yes Percy, we can always rely on the Frogs to be against us !!
Remember Dunkirk when they tried to trap our army in france by
surrendering to the krauts immediately they crossed the border?
And then co-operating with the Nazis by assisting them to build
U Boats in france??
JBR is quite right about them !!
Yes, and if you're wondering why, think about
Crecy, Poitiers and Agincourt.

In true British style, we wiped the floor with them despite our being heavily outnumbered.
It's what we do!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top