Join for free
Page 41 of 48 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 11:21 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I don't care if she is republican or democrat. The facts are facts and so far the ones she has given to me don't backup her claims he incited riots etc and don't answer my question.

I haven't heard any evidence from the lefties either. They seem unusually quiet answering this question.... I mean like Surfermom says, you have to have evidence to impeach someone but if there isn't any and there is no constitutional hearing where the evidence can be provided then this seems more like the kangaroo court of Nancy Pelosi where a president has been impeached for something invented by the Democrats with no hearing and no evidence.

Hardly constitutional or democratic or even legal.
I ask again, where did I claim any of the above? Now I am the one asking for proof . You may be fighting your own image in mirror, I'm afraid.

You ask why there isn't more pursuit of proof from "lefties". If you mean Democrats, they are building their case by passing the Articles of Impeachment in the House. Their pursuit of truth will depend on whether or not they send the resolution to the Senate. Frankly, I hope the people who are asking the most questions are Republicans. Whether we are Americans, Republicans, doctors, teachers, or military personnel, we maintain our legitimacy when we police our own the most rigorously.

We still maintain the grand jury process here. While you all send people directly to court, the impeachment process here still works like a grand jury. The first phase of the impeachment process in the House was specifically built in to prevent what you suggest - a kangaroo court.

The second phase - the trial, is explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, which will place in the Senate. It is legal and democratic, specifically because it infuses the system with checks and balances to insure the rights of the accused, and to prevent frivolous claims. It is really important to understand that Impeachment in no way, shape, or form is a proclamation that high crimes and misdemeanors have been committed.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Wasn't the guy who filmed the shooting of the lady by the police inside the building the head of a far left movement called "Insurrection USA" (or something like that,) ,?

Yes, the videographer is definitely an extremist and under investigation for his activity and presence in the Capitol on January 6th. Per a Rolling Stone interview:

" Sullivan’s profile is unique: The 26-year-old is a resident of Utah and a former competitive speed skater who participated in the 2018 Olympic trials. He is no fan of institutional politics — “I’ve never voted,” he admits, “because I don’t believe in the two-party system” — but he found purpose in the street protests that followed the killing of George Floyd, even founding an activist group called Insurgence USA that fights for racial justice. Sullivan’s activism has brought him legal trouble: [B]He faces riot and criminal mischief charges stemming from a BLM protest in Provo, Utah, last June.

I've also seen video of the police moving the barriers and letting the "protesters" in which is also weird. It's not normal behaviour for MAGA supporters to riot or resort to violence[/QUOTE]

That activity is being investigated by both Capitol Police and the FBI. Democrats are saying that some police officers may have been siding with the protestors and rioters. Beyond that, there is not a lot of information on those claims so far.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Rent a Mob if you ask me, might even have been instigated by Biden.... Looks like it's had the desired effect anyway whoever hired them.
I don't know about that OG, but I am very patient when it comes to these investigations. I am with the FBI director in saying that they are going to identify and thoroughly investigate every single person tied to the events that day.

I hope we then use that expertise and those resources to go back - with as much thoroughness - to investigate the crimes related to this summer's riots and, insurrections as well.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 11:49 PM

Alright, y'all. There is going to be an insurrection around here if I don't get on with cooking dinner and feeding the dogs.

I will see you tomorrow.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’m guessing his game plan all along was to pave the way for Kamala (CAR-MAA-LAA)
Of course it is. Biden will be carted off to the funny farm allowing Harris to step into his shoes no doubt with Hilary Clinton in the background.. Just imagine. The USA in the hands of communists.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-01-2021, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Wasn't the guy who filmed the shooting of the lady by the police inside the building the head of a far left movement called "Insurrection USA" (or something like that,) ,?

Yes, the videographer, Sullivan, is definitely an extremist and under investigation for his activity and presence in the Capitol on January 6th
Since I last posted, Sullivan has been arrested on federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

The FBI isn't messing around. I couldn't be happier about these arrests.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 07:21 AM

Since I last posted, Sullivan has been arrested on federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

The FBI isn't messing around. I couldn't be happier about these arrests.

Me too.

Looks to me what was a peaceful MAGA protest was infiltrated by the hard left posing as trump supporters. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another stupid stunt by them.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-01-2021, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Me too.

Looks to me what was a peaceful MAGA protest was infiltrated by the hard left posing as trump supporters. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another stupid stunt by them.
There is no evidence of that so far. The only left-wing radical that has been positively identified and arrested in Sullivan.

Make no mistake, I, and every American I have talked to want EVERYONE arrested who has broken laws associated with riots in the last year. I couldn't care less who they are or what their ideology is.

Many more arrests were announced this morning, including the criminal who repeatedly struck the police officer with the American flag. Unfortunately, he was only arrested with the minor charge of obstructing a police officer.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 04:24 PM

From a FB friend:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	impeach.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	14554  
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:19 PM

There is no evidence of that so far. The only left-wing radical that has been positively identified and arrested in Sullivan.
There was another one today, is this just the tip of the iceberg?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IwAR3OGghglrU2

Page 41 of 48 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top