Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 01:51 PM

Blasted Rogues n Chancers.

Have any of you ever had problems with an Ebay Seller? I ordered and paid for a Khaki coloured bag on the "buy it now" Option. It's to go with a coat of the same colour. The same day I got an email from the seller saying he couldn't supply that colour and would send me another one in it's place. I emailed straight back saying "No Thanks" If you can't supply it then I want a refund. He's since then totally ignored me despite another two emails from myself to him. I've ended up having to wait untill past the delivery date so as I can open a case against the Seller, now I have to wait another 2 days to give him time to respond before I can ask Ebay to step in and get my money back.......Fume.
IMO, if you don't have the item then you have no bloody business advertising it for sale, then expecting the buyer to accept any old colour you can't shift in it's place. I could quite cheerfully strangle the bloody Scunner. Sheeezzze.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:16 PM

Re: Blasted Rogues n Chancers.

Sorry to hear that, Roxy. I don't buy from Ebay very often but the only problem I experienced was when part of an item arrived broken. I quickly contacted the seller, attaching a photo, and received a quick reply to say a replacement would be sent off, which it was.

I hope your situation is resolved quickly, otherwise you might want to consider warning others off by posting a negative review of the seller.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:36 PM

ALWAYS check the rating / feedback score the seller has accrued before ordering. Also a great many sellers are individuals dealing off their kitchen table or advertising what others have advertised with a bit of a mark-up and when the seller then has to to the source they had found - sold out. eBay is okay as a rule - but a high street shop it ain't.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Have any of you ever had problems with an Ebay Seller? I ordered and paid for a Khaki coloured bag on the "buy it now" Option. It's to go with a coat of the same colour. The same day I got an email from the seller saying he couldn't supply that colour and would send me another one in it's place. I emailed straight back saying "No Thanks" If you can't supply it then I want a refund. He's since then totally ignored me despite another two emails from myself to him. I've ended up having to wait untill past the delivery date so as I can open a case against the Seller, now I have to wait another 2 days to give him time to respond before I can ask Ebay to step in and get my money back.......Fume.
IMO, if you don't have the item then you have no bloody business advertising it for sale, then expecting the buyer to accept any old colour you can't shift in it's place. I could quite cheerfully strangle the bloody Scunner. Sheeezzze.
That's business. The name of the game is to make money.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:55 PM

I've been a member of Ebay for a long time, I joined back in 2003. Yes I've had the odd hiccup before but it was always quickly solved. This is the first time this kind of thing has happened to me.

Yes Todger your quite correct and I usually do read the feedback before I decide to buy, can't think why I didn't this time. I've done it now and I'd certainly not have bought from him if I had read it.

Ok so partly my own fault, but it's still no excuse for this kind of behaviour on the Sellers part.
Too many negative reviews and they should be banned from selling.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:24 PM

Open a dispute Roxy. Dont let them get away with it, you reporting it might stop others getting fleeced x
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-01-2021, 03:28 PM

I did Lion Queen But now I have to wait again for him to respond before I can get Ebay to step in and refund me.
Once this is all over he'll be getting feedback from me alright
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:49 PM

The dispute process can be a bit time consuming, I know because I've had similar problems with ebay sellers before but I know from past experiences that I will always get my money back once I've proven to ebay that the seller is at fault. This is why I do not worry about the long process for raising a dispute because I know i will always get my money back.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Open a dispute Roxy. Dont let them get away with it, you reporting it might stop others getting fleeced x
I don't think Roxy will be ordering a 'Fleece' Lion Queen, she is still waiting for the handbag....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
ALWAYS check the rating / feedback score the seller has accrued before ordering. Also a great many sellers are individuals dealing off their kitchen table or advertising what others have advertised with a bit of a mark-up and when the seller then has to to the source they had found - sold out. eBay is okay as a rule - but a high street shop it ain't.

Don't bother, Ebay is now totally seller focused, a natural capitalistic progression.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top