Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:50 PM

Britain's Got Talent could be scrapped in 2021

Please don't be offended but ....... there is an upside to covid!

It's not certain yet but Sky are saying that BGT could be cancelled for this year.

"It is understood no decision has yet been made and conversations are still ongoing, but the large scale of the talent competition, in which hundreds of people from all over the world try out, makes it extremely difficult to run while adhering to coronavirus safety rules."
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...tions-12199117

Personally our family stopped watching BGT regularly a good few years ago, seeing it as repetetive dross.
Even though it might be cancelled for now, I don't see it encouraging the broadcasters to think of new formats instead of giving us the same old things year after year after year.
At least those that enjoy it don't have too much to worry about.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 04:00 PM

Re: Britain's Got Talent could be scrapped in 2021

It's a pity really. It had the potential to become a proper variety show. Instead, as most people who recorded it know, if you remove the dross then you could condense a 2 hour program down to 20-30 mins of some acts worth watching and who have spent years practising and honing their skills.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 04:00 PM

I also stopped watching that and the X factor a couple of years ago when it got too scripted and predictive. I much prefer 'The Voice' which is a lot higher standard and the competitors are taken seriously.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 05:42 PM

I do know that shows like those are certainly not going to encourage a younger generation away from Netflix & Disney or away from their phones with TikTok and Instagram.
They need to find something fresh, new, and appealing to a wider audience.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I also stopped watching that and the X factor a couple of years ago when it got too scripted and predictive. I much prefer 'The Voice' which is a lot higher standard and the competitors are taken seriously.

I agree with Foxy on this.
I honestly won't miss it ifmit stops.
I also prefer The Voice.

Simon Cowell productions have become more about the glitz, noise, flashing lights, and which Judge has the most glamorous frock on and shows most cleavage, than about looking for talent.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:01 PM

Never watched it, never wanted to watch it, won't miss it .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by omah ->
never watched it, never wanted to watch it, won't miss it .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Never watched it, never wanted to watch it, won't miss it .....
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You say that guys, but back in the early days of X Factor This moment was one of the classic moments of TV, and I'm glad that I watched it.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:58 PM

You say that guys, but back in the early days of X Factor This moment was one of the classic moments of TV, and I'm glad that I watched it.

Who is she .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 09:39 PM

Yes, she was/is brilliant as was Paul Potts, but it's well past it's sell by date now.
It's years since I last watched BGT, same for X Factor, which is also well past it's SBD.

Never watched The Voice, or the Masked Singer either (can't be bothered Googling, are they the same programme?).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top